Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The UberX service is indirectly subsidised by the tax payer. Everyone pays tax so why doesn't UBER.

A level playing field does not mean UBER doesn't have tax obligations. All passengers pay tax why doesn't UBER?

Let's Discuss...

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think you are looking at in the wrong way fishy, you need to ask the consumer this question: "Where would you like to see you money? in your wallet or a grubby taxi drivers?"

Lets discuss

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
It's no secret MANY UberX drivers still think their Uber income is beer money and not taxable income.

Uber Aust pay zero to little tax in OZ.

Drivers have a large portion of tax deductions compared to the slim profits on offer.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gOOr... Geez you really are outta your element on most things you write/comment on. I asked nicely what type of insurance cover you were trying to organise and you completely ignored me... not surprised since when last we talked you couldn't even wrap your head around the concept of third party coverage and then abruptly ended the conversation. So you should be the last person looking for answers cause when stumped you refuse to answer questions.

Now let's talk about tax avoidance as opposed to minimalisation. Now I've run a profitable businesses for the past 20 years. I've employed an accountant to get me the most out of my business but what I have never done is take my money overseas before paying tax. Nor have I lied on my tax return. Nor have I claimed expenses from shoody companies with loans or wages. 2013 UBER paid $18000 in tax. I pay significately more than that.

I'm transparent and auditable. UBER is not. That's the difference.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Yeah okay, I'll cop that. If I am going to step up to the debate table, I can't pick and choose the topics. Fair enough
I am working with two different insurers to develop a pro-rata based insurance product.
I.e. If you have a say Toyota Camry with a rating 1, you might pay $600 per annum for comprehensive insurance.
What I am proposing is that you with the new insurance, you would pay a base rate of $600, to cover your 'non uber' usage, and then a premium that is directly tied to your Uber income. This week if you earn $1500 in fares, you would pay 1500 x .023 for example. This would be administered through P.P.

As for your business, what is the difference between what you do with your accountant, and what a multinational does? Are you both not taking advantage of the laws and the holes within them?
I am not saying that Uber shouldn't pay tax in the country that they earned it, but the govt is at fault here for doing nothing but talk about law reform, not the company with a well educated finance team

1 - 7 of 7 Posts