Uber Drivers Forum banner
21 - 40 of 79 Posts

Premium Member
Here are your options, in order of best option, to worst option:
1) buy a used car (anything but a Prius)
2) buy a new car (anything but a Prius)
3) lease a car
4) borrow a car from your mom
5) run to the pick up location, put the pax on your back, and give them a piggy back ride to their destination (phone in one hand, all their luggage in the other)
6) buy a Prius
I agree with @TobyD That is damn funny馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ

Premium Member
Again ... don鈥檛 listen to these fools. They have no idea what your current situation is or which market you are in. Uber can have vastly different earnings from market to market.

The rental idea is a means to an end. Long term it鈥檚 just not realistically feasible because of the alternative which is owning. But if you aren鈥檛 ready for that yet go for a rental for a bit. Just make sure you are ready for a super grind because of the upfront fees you will owe which will take a big bite out of your income.

The best advice I can give you though is to get going !!! Don鈥檛 sit around and think about it or post on this forum and waste your time with these trolls. This is the easiest job ever but it鈥檚 a grind. You only make money if the wheels are moving.
Best response.
And don鈥檛 buy a Prius

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thank you all for your responses. I am going to figure out the market in Denver/Boulder, which is where I will be driving, before making the choice

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Here are your options, in order of best option, to worst option:
1) buy a used car (anything but a Prius)
2) buy a new car (anything but a Prius)
3) lease a car
4) borrow a car from your mom
5) run to the pick up location, put the pax on your back, and give them a piggy back ride to their destination (phone in one hand, all their luggage in the other)
6) buy a Prius
Lol I think the verdict is buy a car, and make SURE it's a Prius. Jk jk.

Premium Member
7 to 8 years鈥 unless you鈥檙e using to drive for Uber, and putting a lot of miles on it
If you are driving for Uber full time you would have put like 400k miles on your car in that amount of time. I鈥檓 pretty sure you afford to get another one by that point.

Premium Member
If you are driving for Uber full time you would have put like 400k miles on your car in that amount of time. I鈥檓 pretty sure you afford to get another one by that point.
I don鈥檛 know. According to some people on this site, we only make $1.50 to $3 an hour.

Premium Member
NOT IF YOU ARE DRVING A RENTAL ! Do you understand that drivers doing rideshare in a rental are paid at a lower rate than drivers who are driving their own car ?
Not aware of that. Are you speaking about the fact that they deduct the cost of the rental? Why would they do that?

Premium Member
Not aware of that. Are you speaking about the fact that they deduct the cost of the rental? Why would they do that?
They deduct the cost of the rental if you complete a certain number of trips each week , but the rate for the trips that you are doing with a rental is lower than the rate they pay people who drive their own car . Why would they do that ? That is a question only people who have never driven for Gryft and Fubar would ask .

21 - 40 of 79 Posts