Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been told that I should not, but it's a little concerning. I went from 4.89 to 4.81 in two months. The only thing I can think of is the law of averages.

I'm generally quiet unless they talk to me, respectful, always greet and confirm drop off location. Am I doing anything wrong?

EDIT: the only other thing I've done differently is rate riders accordingly. Been giving people mostly 2 and 3 stars. Who believes in carma?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm a 4.91 after 1,000 rides. I find that if you're silent to riders they rate you badly. You need to tap into their concerns. If they're late, "you need to be there soon huh? I'll try to get you there as quickly as possible". Etc Etc. figure out their mood and say something to tap into it. I don't rate 5 unless they tip. If they slam door it's automatic 1 star. If they're rude or unfriendly automatic 2 star.

Edit: also keep your car windows clean and "invisible". Make sure your carpets and seats are clean. No stains of any kid. And that your trunk is clear. You will get rated badly for all the above not being straight.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Having a high rating is like peeing on yourself...it gives you a warm feeling, but it doesn't do you any good.

Just keep doing what you're doing and it all will balance itself out. Your only focus should be earning money. Ratings will drive you crazy and mess with your self esteem if you allow it.

It's really just an unnecessary stress. Like a wasp flying around the inside of your vehicle when you're driving down the interstate.

Besides, there's really only 2 ratings: active and deactivated.

Uber on brother!

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
I've been told that I should not, but it's a little concerning. I went from 4.89 to 4.81 in two months. The only thing I can think of is the law of averages.

I'm generally quiet unless they talk to me, respectful, always greet and confirm drop off location. Am I doing anything wrong?

EDIT: the only other thing I've done differently is rate riders accordingly. Been giving people mostly 2 and 3 stars. Who believes in carma?
Haha so funny I was rating people low then my rating was dropping too so naturally I thought it was carma but quickly I knew that wasn't it so dug deeper and my conclusion was they could detect a little "unfriendly " somewhere ,so make sure you treat the 1* with a smile lol basically a smile does wonders

Then they are things we can't control like I had 7 gps complaints in the last 500 ,2 or 3 did not drive to the correct pick up ( bus stop ?) people will overlook these things if you smile and ask them "how are you " after you a few seconds.

PS if you drive a Prius in sf your only hope to pass 4.8 is to be really attractive and keep it really squeaky clean all the time

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Haha so funny I was rating people low then my rating was dropping too so naturally I thought it was carma but quickly I knew that wasn't it so dug deeper and my conclusion was they could detect a little "unfriendly " somewhere ,so make sure you treat the 1* with a smile lol basically a smile does wonders

Then they are things we can't control like I had 7 gps complaints in the last 500 ,2 or 3 did not drive to the correct pick up ( bus stop ?) people will overlook these things if you smile and ask them "how are you " after you a few seconds.

PS if you drive a Prius in sf your only hope to pass 4.8 is to be really attractive and keep it really squeaky clean all the time
That's funny. I thought sf riders like prius. What uberx cars do they like?

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Riders don't like anything. You're talking about some of the hardest people to please ever. And I mean uber riders across the entire country, not just SF.

It's always a catch 22. If you're silent, they complain u have a bad attitude. If you're friendly they tweet about how annoying u are.

If you show up in a Prius they complain the car isn't big enough. If you show up in a van they complain it's not cool enough

All this nonsense for pennies and no tip.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just like how we see a 4.7 or lower rating and we automatically think a pax is bad.. Pax may see it the same way. Afraid of the snowball effect..since I know I judge some pax by their rating.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Don't have a Prius. I have a 2015 mazda 6 with custom mufflers. Gotten a few complaints about the cars mechanical condition lol. It's a 6 speed so when I go uphill, it high revs. I've gotten bad attitude complaints before when I give them no attitude at all. Just got one for accepting tip when I absolutely have no solicited tips from anyone, ever. The most I've done is talk about the new tip policy when they ask if you can tip on the app like Lyft.

I accept tips with a "thank you, i appreciate it" every time. I am a valet during the day so I understand courtesy. Maybe they complained because I was supposed to deny it first and then accept if they insist lol..i guess I earned it. That and I have a tips are appreciated sticker which I never ever bring up to pax.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

And the thing is, I've treated all pax the same since I started. My rating hovered around 4.77 and jumped to 4.89 and then back to 4.80 now.. All with the same quiet politeness.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
And the thing is, I've treated all pax the same since I started. My rating hovered around 4.77 and jumped to 4.89 and then back to 4.80 now.. All with the same quiet politeness.
Damn a Mazda 6 is really nice ! I have considered getting one but I like german engineering ( yes I know about the diesel mess )

How many trips do you do a week ? Is your car clean , are you a smoker ? Are you nervous while you drive (they feel it in the car & get scared in the back )

There is a couple things it could be but unfortunately if your rating is at 4.80 with a Mazda 6 something isn't right somewhere you gotta figure out where you are messing up :(

Most people actually want to rate 5* I'm at 4.88 now ( I went up lol) I greet them and then i ignore them rest of the trip but I always say thank you and wish them a good night or good day not even hot girls make me nervous anymore lol I'm over it

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Not a Prius:( few people will cancel on you before you even start heading to the pick up

I sat in the new one with leather seats , priced 28k ! hope it drives good as it looks, I found it to be really nice inside definitely better than the Corolla

1 - 20 of 29 Posts