Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a ping to pick up some delivery from a store without item description.

I was not comfortable with this low rated store and have no idea what item(s) to be picked up or delivered.

Entering the store, no one greets, but instructed by the app to hit a button for online order pick up.
"a team member" will come to "assist you".

Show the first team member the phone screen of customer's name, last Initial and order number, she was not satisfied. She insists she needed to see an ID, so I showed her my Red Card, My driver license and she just touch my ID without my permission.

A few minutes later, found order was not ready and 'store manager' threatened to call police as her routine to handle problem of store failed to get the order ready to be picked up.

No where in the app indicates a need to show personal ID, but this store location insists to see and wrongfully touching the id with their dirty fingers. What kind of game they are playing? (Picked up from same chain stores at other locations, even WalMart, PetMart or Macy, no problem what so ever and no one insists to see an ID of any kind in our experience)

·
Premium Member
6,649 Posts
You should burn that ID now! Forget Covid that Team Member probably picks their nose and doesn’t wash their hands after pooping. You’ve got cooties on it for sure! You’ve already probably cross contaminated your wallet, pants, and car steering wheel. Burn them all!

·
Premium Member
6,797 Posts
For curbside pick up , I being asked to provide Id at the moment the stire repgive you the goods .
I will think they do not have to touch , just hold it close enough to see . They already have the info, they just want to make sure is you . Happened a few times on multiple stores . No issues .

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can I call the store to ask them to get order ready and deliver to the curb? I don't want to go into the store as transporter any more.

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You should burn that ID now! Forget Covid that Team Member probably picks their nose and doesn’t wash their hands after pooping. You’ve got cooties on it for sure! You’ve already probably cross contaminated your wallet, pants, and car steering wheel. Burn them all!
Sue the bastard for clean/sanitary disposal and replacement id, lost wages plus the prank call(s) to the PD.

·
Premium Member
59,696 Posts
I got a ping to pick up some delivery from a store without item description.

I was not comfortable with this low rated store and have no idea what item(s) to be picked up or delivered.

Entering the store, no one greets, but instructed by the app to hit a button for online order pick up.
"a team member" will come to "assist you".

Show the first team member the phone screen of customer's name, last Initial and order number, she was not satisfied. She insists she needed to see an ID, so I showed her my Red Card, My driver license and she just touch my ID without my permission.

A few minutes later, found order was not ready and 'store manager' threatened to call police as her routine to handle problem of store failed to get the order ready to be picked up.

No where in the app indicates a need to show personal ID, but this store location insists to see and wrongfully touching the id with their dirty fingers. What kind of game they are playing? (Picked up from same chain stores at other locations, even WalMart, PetMart or Macy, no problem what so ever and no one insists to see an ID of any kind in our experience)

View attachment 598893
I just want to know,does calling police get the order faster ?

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's the 4th time the app send the order to the best (matched) driver. We really need some advice as to what went wrong?

How store get to check driver's id without being trained to do the said task?

Why the app does not know three failed pick ups?

Now, we really don't know who made the request for delivery? The online shopper or the store? or the app operator?

A sting operation for fake driver?

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's the 4th time the app send the order to the best (matched) driver. We really need some advice as to what went wrong?

How store get to check driver's id without being trained to do the said task?

Why the app does not know three failed pick ups?

Now, we really don't know who made the request for delivery? The online shopper or the store? or the app operator?

A sting operation for fake driver?
Now come to think of it, when Uber claimed they invented their id check by asking for a selfie, I was wondering why not ask rider(s) to check driver's id?

Guess Uber did some stuff right occasionally. Kudo for not bother to check driver's id by the rider(s).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts