Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do i have a good chance of getting a fare to NYC from short hills mall between 7 to 10pm, Monday thru Friday?

For those who don't know, I am a NYC tlc driver and my pings are from customers who want to leave the state of NJ.

·
Premium Member
5,168 Posts
Cue Lepke with one of his, "Anyone else frustrated by questions like this?" missives :p
This is Kevin. He's not some newbie coming in here and asking stupid questions. He's a veteran driver who has done thousands of rides asking stupid questions.
There is a big difference. Never frustrated by Kevin, he's okay.

·
Premium Member
6,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Last night I had a customer that wanted to go to short hills mall and after I dropped off i got a Instant ping back to NYC. It was a good fare because of surge. I wouldn't mind hanging out there every now and then but I just want to make sure I didn't get lucky.

·
Premium Member
6,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is Kevin. He's not some newbie coming in here and asking stupid questions. He's a veteran driver who has done thousands of rides asking stupid questions.
There is a big difference. Never frustrated by Kevin, he's okay.
In what ways is this question stupid? I live by garden State plaza. I don't live by short hills mall

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
If u dont have any wisdom to offer, why reply?
I just wanted to draw Lepke out is all, lol. ;)

To be honest, all I've ever gotten from Short Hills Mall are local folk doing some shopping and then heading back home. Summit, Chatham, Short Hills, etc. Longest ride I ever got out of there was Morristown. Be careful as there are also hood rats looking for rides to the worst parts of Newark as well. Beware CheeseCake Factory around closing time. Never, ever had a NYC ride outta there.

·
Premium Member
5,168 Posts
I just wanted to draw Lepke out is all, lol. ;)

To be honest, all I've ever gotten from Short Hills Mall are local folk doing some shopping and then heading back home locally, Summit, Chatham, etc. Longest ride I ever got out of there was Morristown. Be careful as there are also hood rats looking for rides to the worst part of Newark as well. Beware Cheese Cake Factory at closing time. Never, ever had a NYC ride outta there.
But he's a TLC driver so theoretically he's supposed to only get rides back to the city. If he gets one on the way in it at least covers his toll.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
But he's a TLC driver so theoretically he's supposed to only get rides back to the city. If he gets one on the way in it at least covers his toll.
Yeah I understand, and believe me, Fuber loves to send NYC trips my way even though I'm not TLC. But in my experience I've never gotten any NYC requests outta SH Mall...

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Do i have a good chance of getting a fare to NYC from short hills mall between 7 to 10pm, Monday thru Friday?

For those who don't know, I am a NYC tlc driver and my pings are from customers who want to leave the state of NJ.
Kevin. Im there a lot. You got lucky. Maybe being a nyc tlc got you the ride. I suggest a little higher into Livingston or lower at Summit Train Station for those that either missed train to nyc or dont want to wait. I have also gotten rides from Essex Fells to nyc. Rich pax in Essex Fells dont mind paying for the ride. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Kevin. Im there a lot. You got lucky. Maybe being a nyc tlc got you the ride. I suggest a little higher into Livingston or lower at Summit Train Station for those that either missed train to nyc or dont want to wait. I have also gotten rides from Essex Fells to nyc. Rich pax in Essex Fells dont mind paying for the ride. Good luck.
Kevin, I agree. You got lucky. There is not a lot of traffic from customers going back to NYC from the Short Hills Mall. I suggest you consider going down to Jersey Gardens mall south of EWR. You will get NYC shoppers who don't want to wait for the buses back to Midtown.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts