Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did any Uber driver get their car shot? I read that 16 cars were hit last night and was on market about an hour earlier myself. Related to this I guess do many of you drivers have a car camera? Not specifically for the shooting but was curious how many used them, seems like a decent investment when needed.

·
12,243 Posts
Did any Uber driver get their car shot? I read that 16 cars were hit last night and was on market about an hour earlier myself. Related to this I guess do many of you drivers have a car camera? Not specifically for the shooting but was curious how many used them, seems like a decent investment when needed.
Where did you hear this? I haven't heard anything regarding last night but there was an Uber driver who reportedly got his window shot out last weekend. From what I remember hearing, there were several cars but only 1 was an Uber. that was down of Welton, by Cervantes

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Post says 16 cars were hit , 1 dead , 1 wounded , sometime around 12 am Friday night/sat morning . Was on market and 18th,

·
12,243 Posts
Wow . . . things are getting crazy. thank God I did Red Rocks that kept me out of downtown most of night. I had one run from down there and it took me 25 miles away. Were you dowm there?

·
12,243 Posts
I was by the area(full of cops) market st was closed down. Today i got life insurance for$150k through American Family for $30 per month.
that's who I have all of my policies through. I have never had any problems with them in 20 years. Yeah I've been downtown a couple times right when shooting happened. One group of passengers didn't even know where they were going when I picked them up. their car was part of the investigation scene.
One of the guys was shot right next to it. they weren't allowed to get their house keys, purses, credit cards or anything. It's getting ugly down there. It's sad

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
A lot of reasons I don't work the late night and the number of violent incidents that happens in LoDo around bar close is ridiculous.
They need to stagger the bar closing like in other cities. I know that's not good for the late night uber surge but it's better for the city and people's safety.

·
Premium Member
3,842 Posts
Actually, that would be better for the surge as it would start earlier and last longer, probably give more drivers a shot (pun intended) at some extra money

·
Premium Member
3,842 Posts
Possibly, but Denver still has such a huge gang problem, and it's seething below the surface, I doubt much would change. They need to start busting heads like they did in the early 90's. There are several problem areas, and not enough cops to address it. That area by Mile High Spirits and the shelters is ripe from some serious issues, same with the area around 21st and Market, 21st and Larimer.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I'm from Chicago originally and Chicago is known for crazy gang and gun violence.
But in all honesty I feel like LoDo is worse then most of the downtown areas of Chicago. The violence and gang violence mostly stays in areas you just avoid . Denver the violence is right in the main parts of the city

·
12,243 Posts
My agent does and I'm with AmFam too. However, when I first told her, she did tell me, she doesnt want to hear the terms Uber or Lyft. I did have to file a claim re: a hit and run. I did mention I drive for a living but that was the extent of it. It's known what I do but there's also an unspoken mutual understanding that we don't discuss it. Works for me. I have also been with them for 20 yrs s so not sure if thats why they "overlook"it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts