Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any Columbus users using SherpaShare or the like? What are the best Apps to track milage? What do I do if I didn't track milage for my first three weeks?

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I keep a notebook with odometer readings and dates for whenever I change between work miles and personal miles (which I don't on the Prius anymore).

Without a log you have no way of knowing how many dead miles you have those first three weeks, but you can pull the paid miles from the rides themselves. Bit of work, but definitely worth the write off. You could try estimating your dead miles based off of that and what your average dead to paid is once you start logging. Likely it's something like .5 dead miles per paid mile, possible worse if you had bad cruising habits those first few weeks (not sitting still, chasing surge).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, it was pretty bad. The first week I put almost 1.5k miles under me. And another 1.5k in the last two weeks. Google location history has a record of my travels, it's going to be a pain to comb through and figure out which miles are deductible, but I suppose it's better than nothing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CommanderXL, It's likely that Über will want to purchase a service like SherpaShare sometime in the future. I don't see how it's untrustworthy because of this. Anything that makes Über's service better for drivers and riders ends up getting them more money. It's in their interest for SherpaShare to succeed.

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
I keep a daily log, on paper. I write down the mileage at the start and end of my shift. easy. All app "on" miles are business miles... I'm working.

the IRS allows you to re-create a log based on mileage from repair receipts or other sources... start a log beginning a month ago, it's not super technical.... just enter some numbers from memory.

you will see from today going forward it is simple. Turn on Uber, write down odometer... get home or end shift, write down odometer. That's it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts