Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BUSINESSES' WHOLESALE CUTTING OF VOLUME AHEAD OF A HIGHER RISK OF MASS INFECTIONS.

One of the ways we "businesspeople" keep ourselves above water is to correctly forecast revenue and P&L going forward. Sometimes it's like consulting a crystal ball but with a more disciplined approach based on research, we might enjoy a higher comfort level while taking the business and safety risks that we take every single day.

For example, I look at all the anecdotal sector reporting in the business press about how travel and others are taking a beating in volume. Personally - although it's a bit early - and based on what I'm seeing at the PigPen, I see an approximate 15% decrease in gross pings since this became a headline story a few weeks ago. And as I have already posted elsewhere, the limo companies are already looking at strategies to tighten their belts with layoffs and parking their sedans to stay whole through this.

A LITTLE HELP FROM OUR FRIENDS.
It's a good bet that our beneficent benefactors - UBER AND LYFT - have a clear, real time picture of where the rides are by location, class of rider, class of business, by daypart and any other way they'd like to parse the information. And how it's all changing, or not. These analytics, crucial to the success of ANY business, are purposely not shared with thier PARTNER/DRIVER CORPS - the people who take the biggest daily work and safety risks and who have the biggest capital outlay much of which is not recoverable during good times. I think it's time to call them out on this, yes? Should we expect better?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.