Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The complaint alleges that the Registration Statement was false and/or misleading statements and/or failed to disclose that:

(1) at the time of the Offering, Uber was rapidly increasing subsidies for drivers and customer's rides and meals in a bid for market share, which caused the Company's sales and marketing expenses to swell

(2) Defendants were cutting (or planned to cut) costs in key areas that undermined the Company's central growth opportunities

(3) as a result, defendants' statements about Uber's business, operations, and prospects were materially false and misleading and/or lacked a reasonable basis at all relevant times.

·
Premium Member
65,760 Posts

The complaint alleges that the Registration Statement was false and/or misleading statements and/or failed to disclose that:

(1) at the time of the Offering, Uber was rapidly increasing subsidies for drivers and customer's rides and meals in a bid for market share, which caused the Company's sales and marketing expenses to swell

(2) Defendants were cutting (or planned to cut) costs in key areas that undermined the Company's central growth opportunities

(3) as a result, defendants' statements about Uber's business, operations, and prospects were materially false and misleading and/or lacked a reasonable basis at all relevant times.
" UNSUSTAINABLE "

BUYING MARKET SHARE AT THE EXPENSE OF DRIVERS

HAS PROVEN

" UNSUSTAINABLE " !

·
Banned
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Aren't they guilty of all that?

Isn't that like on public record?
Most times in these type cases
The only party to realize a Financial Gain
are the Attorneys on both sides.
"Making Rain"

The good news: high priced lawyers pay taxes that support government entitlement programs
Uber drivers subscribe: low income housing, food stamps, affordable healthcare act.

·
Premium Member
2,372 Posts
(2) Defendants were cutting (or planned to cut) costs in key areas that undermined the Company's central growth opportunities;

This is hilarious.

Uber (and Lyft) had and has NO growth opportunities. In order to survive, Uber (and Lyft) needs to close down all the BS self-driving, crap scooters and "last mile" delivery or/and transportation, reverse the driver rates to the 2014-2015 levels, and keep 10 system engineers to maintain and run the network 24/7. Keep it simple idiots!

Uber has its back to the wall.

Oh.... And all the idiotic investors needed to do was to type uberpeople.net into a browser URL bar, click on anything around here, and READ.

·
Premium Member
2019 Reproduction 1860s era Stage Coach, Vintage Italian Leather Saddle, A-36 stainless horse shoes
8,449 Posts
If the officers are all bankrupted and imprisoned...

I'll take that Karma

(also getting a job close to what they used to have will also be impossible.)

But the investors who are sueing?

I garuntee they will get more from a lawsuit than they will once the uber stock hits $0.00

·
Premium Member
11,169 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts

when you build a business based on lies, manipulation, and lawlessness what were investors expecting? That they were actually going to put in the truth/facts in the prospectus? lmfao of course not. Those people who invested in this company failed to do their due diligence prior to investing otherwise they would have known that Uber does not deal in truth or facts and sees itself above all laws. Lying is at the core of Uber and while I hope that it catches up with them, unfortunately lying and alternative facts have become the norm in the US. It is companies like Uber and Lyft that have pushed the envelope as to what is acceptable in a society and sadly I can say that I believe they are at the helm of a paradigm shift where money and connections trump all decency, ethics, laws, and principles.

·
Premium Member
65,760 Posts
when you build a business based on lies, manipulation, and lawlessness what were investors expecting? That they were actually going to put in the truth/facts in the prospectus? lmfao of course not. Those people who invested in this company failed to do their due diligence prior to investing otherwise they would have known that Uber does not deal in truth or facts and sees itself above all laws. Lying is at the core of Uber and while I hope that it catches up with them, unfortunately lying and alternative facts have become the norm in the US. It is companies like Uber and Lyft that have pushed the envelope as to what is acceptable in a society and sadly I can say that I believe they are at the helm of a paradigm shift where money and connections trump all decency, ethics, laws, and principles.
It WASNT READY FOR I.P.O. !

TRAVIS KNEW THAT !

So they got Rid of him.

Original Investors would not wait !

·
Premium Member
2019 Reproduction 1860s era Stage Coach, Vintage Italian Leather Saddle, A-36 stainless horse shoes
8,449 Posts
wouldn't they be better off just cutting their losses and cashing out today for $31 a share ?
Even if they sell out now they could still sue i believe.

·
Banned
2,868 Posts

we should all call the law firm on monday and let the lawyers know that most of the rides are unaccompanied minors which also inflated the share price.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts