Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I worked so hard to complete the required number of rides to get the quest bonus in vain. I was short by one single freaking ride. Unbeleavable! Uber just would not send me any trip requests for two hours in DC on a busy Thursday evening. I am starting to think the system is rigged. You work so hard, accept all kind of shitty dirt cheap pool requests and in the end, when you are so close, Uber says sorry you ain't getting it. I won't fall for this gimmick again.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Either you are built to do the promotion or you are better at another subset of strategies. I once Missed a quest due to phone battery dying. U get over it. In order to complete quest you really need to enjoy driving and people and cancellation fees more than the idea of getting the most profit out of each and every trip. Every ride share strategy has its place.

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts
Quest as never been a promotion up here. Are they daily, weekly? How many rides on average do you have to complete?

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Quest as never been a promotion up here. Are they daily, weekly? How many rides on average do you have to complete?
Usually there is a small one ranging from 15 to 30 rides. The large one is usually around 60 or 70. Money varies greatly for completion. I've seen people get 20 rides for $120. I've seen 25 rides for $25. It's becoming more obvious as you complete more and more quests over weeks that uber then extends the carrot out further. More rides less money

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Some of you don't get it. But in the US, these type of bait and switch practices, misleading marketing promotions are exploitative and illegal.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
YOU SHOULD EMAIL THEM AND TELL THEM YOUR APP HAD ISSUES AND THEY SHOULD STILL GIVE YOU THE PROMOTION BECAUSE YOUR APP WASN"T WORKING PROPERLY!!!!!!

They will tell you NO, but after a few emails you will get it. Do the boo-hoo dance. Do NOT GIVE UP. Be kind when you email them and tell them sorry you kept logging in and out and still wasn't getting any rides and uber drivers next to you all were getting rides etc. etc. does not hurt to try it. keep us updated please. Like Aldean said, You should have called one of your UPNET people (us here) to request a ride from you etc.

Thats why it's important to come to the meet up!!!!! Next one is July 11. and the REPTILE is going to be present. hahahaha

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Yes we are being manipulated and it's easy to be paranoid. Probably though, during tbat last hour of quest... everyone was out, just like you, reducing likelihood of getting a ping.

I have made several quests but never at the last minute..., always that morning or day before.

Sometimes it feels like Uber sends me long rides when I need short rides for quest.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I worked so hard to complete the required number of rides to get the quest bonus in vain. I was short by one single freaking ride. Unbeleavable! Uber just would not send me any trip requests for two hours in DC on a busy Thursday evening. I am starting to think the system is rigged. You work so hard, accept all kind of shitty dirt cheap pool requests and in the end, when you are so close, Uber says sorry you ain't getting it. I won't fall for this gimmick again.
I couldn't buy a ping last night in DC. Slow as molasses. Gave up my quest on Tuesday.

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
I couldn't buy a ping last night in DC. Slow as molasses. Gave up my quest on Tuesday.
I had steady pings last night from 8 to 1am, but I was not quest eligible at that point because I only get rush hour quests...zero qualifying rides again 4 weeks (weekday) in a row.

I did have a few qualifying rides over the weekends, but I won't be achieving or chasing restricted quests. A little more money is not worth the servitude and manipulation.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I made 42 promotional rides for Lyft but after that they said I made only 39 so not going to get my $700.
I only made 42 not 40 to make sure they pay.

·
13,037 Posts
Quest is a scam to kill surge.
That's ALL IT IS.
Sure, they pay out if you get it but their algorithm will make it harder and harder for you to complete
They don't actually want you to complete them.
They want to keep you in suspense and dangle that carrot

1 - 19 of 19 Posts