Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
picked up pax from oak st / laguna and destination was apple store @ chestnut. so i took steiner all the way up and made a left on chestnut.

dropped the pax opposite apple store and suddenly from where on earth, a guy with a black jacket (sfmta badge) came in front of my car and noted my license plate in his tablet (the thing which they hold when giving out tickets)

i took off and looked at my back mirror, tht guy still making sure he got my license plate correct

danggggg, i should be expecting something in my mail soon.

so be careful guys, i never got a ticket for almost a year already. i have been very careful at sfo, caltrain 4th st, market st ..... etc but dammmm fell for the hook at chestnut st

i just feel like using those paper license plate from dealers and keep my real one at home...lol

·
Registered
462 Posts
I think its disgraceful the way these cities are targeting Uber drivers, the same is happening here in Chicago. Uber drivers generate thousands of income daily in transportation taxes for these cities and drivers are harassed and penalized constantly, and all they are doing is trying to eek out a modest living. dropping someone off or picking someone up is hardly an egregious offence, not like running a red light or speeding in a school zone. Its time Uber lobbied these Cities on the drivers behalf, this treatment is unwarranted and it needs to stop.

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
picked up pax from oak st / laguna and destination was apple store @ chestnut. so i took steiner all the way up and made a left on chestnut.

dropped the pax opposite apple store and suddenly from where on earth, a guy with a black jacket (sfmta badge) came in front of my car and noted my license plate in his tablet (the thing which they hold when giving out tickets)

i took off and looked at my back mirror, tht guy still making sure he got my license plate correct

so be careful guys, i never got a ticket for almost a year already. i have been very careful at sfo, caltrain 4th st, market st ..... etc but dammmm fell for the hook at chestnut st

i just feel like using those paper license plate from dealers and keep my real one at home...lol

where did you stop? Red curb? Double parked?

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
I think its disgraceful the way these cities are targeting Uber drivers, the same is happening here in Chicago. Uber drivers generate thousands of income daily in transportation taxes for these cities and drivers are harassed and penalized constantly, and all they are doing is trying to eek out a modest living. dropping someone off or picking someone up is hardly an egregious offence, not like running a red light or speeding in a school zone. Its time Uber lobbied these Cities on the drivers behalf, this treatment is unwarranted and it needs to stop.
Sorry but I won't be holding my breath waiting for Uber to lobby on drivers behalf for anything.

·
Registered
76 Posts
But you gotta admit it, some drivers deserve a ticket ...
Just saying ....
A lot of time, I see the cars with Uber/Lyft decals double parked and blocked the whole street while there's a empty space right next to the curb. Kinda difficult to defend the fellow drivers when some drivers are inconsiderate jerks.

·
Banned
1,331 Posts

Sorry dear, it really sucks. I hope it is a cheap ticket, not the $288 one which I recently paid :( They mailed it to me as well.

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Drivers need to stop breaking traffic rules. Drop the pax off and pick up legaly.

Had some dufus block one of two lanes on a one way street this morning. The guy stopped out of no where mid street and 30 seconds later a pax walks up to the rear door with his phone out, then peeked in asking a question...

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
If you see SFMTA, little vehicles around you, especially coming from behind, SFPD, Buses, don’t stop, go around the block, find legal parking, or cancel ride. If you have someone in the car, let them get mad. Tickets are much worse than bad ratings.
Stop parking in Bus Stops, you don’t know who’s watching, don’t be stupid, just don’t do it. I see this all the time.

·
Banned
1,331 Posts
If you see SFMTA, little vehicles around you, especially coming from behind, SFPD, Buses, don't stop, go around the block, find legal parking, or cancel ride. If you have someone in the car, let them get mad. Tickets are much worse than bad ratings.
Stop parking in Bus Stops, you don't know who's watching, don't be stupid, just don't do it. I see this all the time.
Bro, I am to the point that whenever I see an SFMTA interceptor in my vicinity, I immediately start saving money :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.