Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sure this has been covered on here but I went back a bunch of pages and couldn't find anything. Anyway, today is the deadline and when I went to the site to renew I saw that it said if your only business was taxi or TNC you no longer have to renew. Does that include us? Or do we still have to renew?
Thank you for your help with this.

·
Registered
350 Posts
SF resident. I called 311 and they told me I could close my business (and I didn't have to pay 99$). My neighbor didn't get a business license last year and got a letter that he owed 181$ for 2017.

If anyone's heard differently ... please share!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had just getting back to Uber again after about 2 years.

I live in SF, and I do commute everyday to San Jose.

I was thinking to utilize my car for Uber only when I commute. Part of my goal would be able to pick up passenger from San Jose airport.

In that case, do I need to obtain SF business license?

I read a few articles from last year and it's quite confusing whether I need business license or not. And I also read a few topics here that San Jose Airport Uber pick up/drop off regulation are pretty strict. So, what I will gonna do is just to try to play safe to avoid unnecessary penalty that might comes from my driving.

Please advise. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
I had just getting back to Uber again after about 2 years.

I live in SF, and I do commute everyday to San Jose.

I was thinking to utilize my car for Uber only when I commute. Part of my goal would be able to pick up passenger from San Jose airport.

In that case, do I need to obtain SF business license?

I read a few articles from last year and it's quite confusing whether I need business license or not. And I also read a few topics here that San Jose Airport Uber pick up/drop off regulation are pretty strict. So, what I will gonna do is just to try to play safe to avoid unnecessary penalty that might comes from my driving.

Please advise. Thanks.
Get a business license in San Jose. If you gross less than $25,000/yr, it's free. That'll suffice.

Last I checked, SF had stopped requiring TNC operators to get business licenses in the city.

·
Premium Member
4,802 Posts
The state passed a law that u only have to get a license for the City u live in, and even then only if its a City that requires a license. SF is contesting that law so they had to stop requiring licenses for SF residents drivers until the case is settled. If u have a TNC only business, close it before the deadline and you’ll hear no more from SF.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts