Uber Drivers Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
This was a few months but I decided to share it anyway.

Summer night, I get a ping around midnight, 6th avenue in midtown manhattan. I was on the wrong side of the avenue, the guy crossed over with suitcase and I got out and put the suitcase in the trunk, he hopped in, I appologized for being on the wrong side and he was cool about it. The ride was to a hotel near LaGuardia airport, about 20 minutes.

The guy mentioned he's vising and waiting for a flight to go back to California.

Anyway, some small talk and the guy says oh you're so cute, I replied thank you. Then he starts asking me questions... Do you have a girlfriend, I said I'm happily married, then he asked if I ever had any gay experience, I replied no I'm not attracted to men.

Now, I'm far from homophobia, I have gay friends, I worked for gay people, they never bothered me in that way. I'm thinking the guy has mental problems and the ride is going to be over soon I'm just gonna take it easy and drop him off.

I like to stay focused when I'm driving. Then he just went all in saying...

I said no I'm not interested I love my wife and I don't cheat on her.

I said listen guy I'm not gay there's enough gays in New York and California for you to engage with, I love my wife I'll never cheat on her.

now I'm about to drop him off, and I'm planning how I'm going smash his teeth, I'm ****ing angry. But I was thinking beyond, his word against mine, a night in prison, gay bashing. I skipped the beating, dropped him off and drove away.

Then I called Uber and explained, I wrote it down, I got different responses from a supervisor and district manager.

I explained that I'm a nice guy but this man could have been hurt really bad, I know some drivers that would gut him like a spackeled trout.

Anyway, Uber said they will further investigate and most likely deactivate him.

The funny part was he thought drivers in New York actually get tips, LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.