Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of last Friday, there have been 70 tickets given out to Uber/Lyft drivers for not having the proper permits, licensing or documentation to pick up at the port.
On the bright side, the fine will be cut in half if paid within ten days.... by Uber or whomever.
Wonder what the total is after the weekend.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I'll flat out turn down any Lyft runs, as their email was pretty much a cease and desist...so extremely doubtful they'll pay the ticket. Uber, on the other hand, has demonstrated they'll pay the fine.

I shocked a cabbie the other day. Lyft ping was airport bound. Of course, in a hurry. Declined and suggested a cab. We walked to cab right behind me and asked the guy if he wanted an airport fare. "You're shitting me, Uber giving me a fare? Wow!" I didn't correct him...

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll flat out turn down any Lyft runs, as their email was pretty much a cease and desist...so extremely doubtful they'll pay the ticket. Uber, on the other hand, has demonstrated they'll pay the fine.

I shocked a cabbie the other day. Lyft ping was airport bound. Of course, in a hurry. Declined and suggested a cab. We walked to cab right behind me and asked the guy if he wanted an airport fare. "You're shitting me, Uber giving me a fare? Wow!" I didn't correct him...
^^^
Something tells me that he told a few other drivers for his company who told others and so on.

On the other hand, if Uber doesn't pay the ticket in a timely fashion.... within 30 days, it goes to the DMV.
And if Uber does NOT pay it at all, then they hold up the registration for your new tags for the next year.
Another reason to watch Uber like a hawk and keep in touch with the friendly, local DMV.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
It's not just the ticket. It comes with a stern warning plus name and plate is recorded in their database. Next will be impounding of your vehicle. Have fun with that!

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This article makes it very clear that Clark County is not yet an open market, and that currently only the airport is enforcing.
Not necessarily clear to Uber or Uber drivers...
^^^
Clark County will ultimately Wynn [sic] while making Uber think that they won.... that's part of the Art Of The Deal, in case nobody here has read it.
Let the little upstarts that can't negotiate their way out of a paper bag without a team of lawyers think that they came out on top.... but Clark always gets their pound of flesh.

And DAMN!!!
Today is my day off and I just got a call from one of my regulars who fly in private and I'm not gonna give it to anybody else for a change.... pick them up in a few hours over at Signature where they park the plane.
Great family, great tippers, and from Sig to the Planet VIP entrance is like about 17 minutes.
Gotta iron a shirt. lol

·
Registered
17,830 Posts
Even Benny Segal got beaten by Vegas, if only because he was too blind to remember to pay tribute to The Commission.
Benny invented Vegas!
I agree with the assessment that Uber will lose too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I dropped off at Terminal 1 about 7am this morning, removed my Uber "patch" from my windshield before arriving. Guy in bright yellow clothing immediately walked up to us as we were removing the luggage from the trunk and told me he was writing me a citation.
My passenger had been sitting up front and was on board with how ridiculous it is that the airport is not allowing Uber and Lyft dropoffs, so he agreed to be my "friend" if someone bothered me.
When the man writing the citation informed me what he was doing I argued, said that I understand Uber drivers can't drop off at the airport, but that I was not at that time driving for Uber. He argued back saying "you know that your Uber cars show up on the app right? So if I look on here your car won't be here?" As he opened his Uber app and looked for an Uber car where we were standing. I told him that if he saw an Uber car that it's probably another Uber driver hiding in plain sight nearby. Then he said "Okay, how do you know this man?" referring to my passenger. The passenger then said "I'm not taking this any farther" and started to go inside. I started getting back in my car to leave and the airport guy said "because I don't see your car on the app I'll let you go, I know you're an Uber driver because of the TNC sticker on your windshield." Then he went on to explain that it is nothing against me personally, that it's between Uber and the department of something-or-other. I said okay, I understand, and I drove away.
I had not yet closed out the trip (which turned out to save me from being seen on his Uber App), I just turned the screen off on my phone when I first stopped. In hindsight I would have completed the trip just before entering the drop off area at the airport and turned my Uber offline.
20 minutes later I got another rider going to the airport, same terminal. This time I just avoided stopping near that same bright yellow dude.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts