Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would it be like to donate some time on Saturday to drive 30 people about 20 minutes from downtown Chicago so that they can be with some incredible people? We're creating a community impact project where our team of brilliant people have the opportunity to live and serve with 30 men who are down on their luck. We are creating a project of community support and involvement that allow us the opportunity to support those 30 men with possibility of creating a new possibility in their lives. To do that we need to transport our 30 participants from downtown to 20 minutes away. What's the possibility of getting amazing incredible drivers to support our cause and create a community service impact project that allows us all to contribute in meaningful ways?

Would you or someone you know be willing to drive? What options do you see?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know, I hear you. There's a lot of people in this world that are down on their luck. They have no homes and no food. There's people suffering all over this great city. And I could be resigned to that as fact, or I could be working to create a community impact project that supports transformation in the largest number of lives possible. It's just all a matter of where you look and if you're at all curious about what's possible by lending a hand up. It's cool with me if you choose not to do so. But I also extend the invitation to others that might. What's the worst that happens? People turn me down. The best... people change other people's lives. I'll choose the upside.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Are you attempting to imply that I (and maybe others) don't?

What, doesn't your community organizer have the wherewithal to chip in and rent a bus?

I think I'll take a high road at this point.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not at all. The choice is totally open and possibility is everywhere. It's just an invitation. One you can totally reject. Or accept. Others might relish the opportunity. They might find a place where they are in a position to give a helping hand. That's totally cool. Choice. Invitation. Sending you love either way.

The intention here is to practice seeing what's possible. We have multiple options we're looking at that include community vans or church vans. We're connecting with Taxi companies. Just got off the phone with a Taxi company that sees this as a huge possibility to befriend the community. He's really excited to see if he can get the drivers on board. There's nothing but possibility in the invitation. We're up to impacting and creating opportunity for everyone to participate if they so choose. No one is under any obligation. That's the beautiful thing about possibility. There's no one way it has to go. It's just about being open.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Not at all. The choice is totally open and possibility is everywhere. It's just an invitation. One you can totally reject. Or accept. Others might relish the opportunity. They might find a place where they are in a position to give a helping hand. That's totally cool. Choice. Invitation. Sending you love either way.

The intention here is to practice seeing what's possible. We have multiple options we're looking at that include community vans or church vans. We're connecting with Taxi companies. Just got off the phone with a Taxi company that sees this as a huge possibility to befriend the community. He's really excited to see if he can get the drivers on board. There's nothing but possibility in the invitation. We're up to impacting and creating opportunity for everyone to participate if they so choose. No one is under any obligation. That's the beautiful thing about possibility. There's no one way it has to go. It's just about being open.
Possibly you would volunteer to give me a ride to Austin, TX to see my ailing father.

I see nothing but possibilities for you. Hope you are open to it.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
What would it be like to donate some time on Saturday to drive 30 people about 20 minutes from downtown Chicago so that they can be with some incredible people? We're creating a community impact project where our team of brilliant people have the opportunity to live and serve with 30 men who are down on their luck. We are creating a project of community support and involvement that allow us the opportunity to support those 30 men with possibility of creating a new possibility in their lives. To do that we need to transport our 30 participants from downtown to 20 minutes away. What's the possibility of getting amazing incredible drivers to support our cause and create a community service impact project that allows us all to contribute in meaningful ways?

Would you or someone you know be willing to drive? What options do you see?
If these helpers really want to make an impact then maybe try "walking a mile in those shoes". How about they take the CTA/bus and get some perspective on how the " other half" truly live. Peace!

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Possibly you would volunteer to give me a ride to Austin, TX to see my ailing father.

I see nothing but possibilities for you. Hope you are open to it.
JI, Peeps I know are actually tripping to Austin this week and have an open seat. PM me if this is a real need ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts