Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
You can't "sell" it to pax as an individual. That's a felony. You can share it, but not sure why any drive would take on that risk and liability for a small amount of profit.

Just bring them to a dispensary

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can't "sell" it to pax as an individual. That's a felony. You can share it, but not sure why any drive would take on that risk and liability for a small amount of profit.

Just bring them to a dispensary
I want to just beable to grow it and supply other disspensers. The other thing is back im 2011 i had a couple misdemeanors and had a few months of jail time. Would that affect me? Its was just a scuffle so simple A&B.

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
I have no ethical qualms about selling whatever from my car, from a libertarian perspective I'm all for maximizing income and business freedom.

However one sale, or even an offer of sale, to the wrong person puts you in a legal nightmare for years. I'm not going to lose my house, savings, car, and potential job opportunities with misdemeanors and/or felonies stapled to my forehead for a lifetime - all for a few side bucks.

But to each their own.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have no ethical qualms about selling whatever from my car, from a libertarian perspective I'm all for maximizing income and business freedom.

However one sale, or even an offer of sale, to the wrong person puts you in a legal nightmare for years. I'm not going to lose my house, savings, car, and potential job opportunities with misdemeanors and/or felonies stapled to my forehead for a lifetime - all for a few side bucks.

But to each their own.
Sometimes it's more about the image unfortunately.

And those people either don't last or mess it up for the real business men

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I actually sell large amounts of Cannabis for one of the largest grow operations in the state.

I own a company that's only mission is to broker Cannabis from the growers to dispensaries.

That's all I'll say about that....

NICE TRY SEN. SESSIONS
Seriously. I would love to talk about this ive been looking imto this for a while

·
Premium Member
4,099 Posts
The day that officially turned me against anything positive about pot.

Picked up a pax in SW Denver, mid 30's, dressed casually, trip said DIA, he had a suitcase and a briefcase. Said we had two other pickups and a stop to make, that I would be compensated well. Whatever. Picked up the second pax a couple blocks away, the third was at a law firm on W. Colfax. Next stop was a grow facility off 45th and Garfield. On the drive from the lawyers office to the grow, the three were discussing that their lawyer may have found a way to force the other occupants of the building out so they could take it over. The first guy I picked up took a phone call, he commented the name of the caller, the lawyers office we had just come from. Obviously I couldn't hear both sides of the conversation. When we stopped at the grow place, two of the guys went inside, the third waited outside and had a cig (which I find interesting, for as much as the pot industry tells us how dangerous cig. smoking is, they all smoke cigs like it's the 1960's). When they came back out, they were discussing the papers they signed and faxed as well as some other papers they had. Shortly before we got to DIA, the first guy I picked up commented: Look, eventually the pot industry will own this town and this state, the tax money coming in will be like a drug to them, these various cities will let us do whatever we want.

That was the last day I ever had any positive thoughts about pot, regardless of whether it's medical or recreational.

·
Registered
344 Posts
The day that officially turned me against anything positive about pot.

Picked up a pax in SW Denver, mid 30's, dressed casually, trip said DIA, he had a suitcase and a briefcase. Said we had two other pickups and a stop to make, that I would be compensated well. Whatever. Picked up the second pax a couple blocks away, the third was at a law firm on W. Colfax. Next stop was a grow facility off 45th and Garfield. On the drive from the lawyers office to the grow, the three were discussing that their lawyer may have found a way to force the other occupants of the building out so they could take it over. The first guy I picked up took a phone call, he commented the name of the caller, the lawyers office we had just come from. Obviously I couldn't hear both sides of the conversation. When we stopped at the grow place, two of the guys went inside, the third waited outside and had a cig (which I find interesting, for as much as the pot industry tells us how dangerous cig. smoking is, they all smoke cigs like it's the 1960's). When they came back out, they were discussing the papers they signed and faxed as well as some other papers they had. Shortly before we got to DIA, the first guy I picked up commented: Look, eventually the pot industry will own this town and this state, the tax money coming in will be like a drug to them, these various cities will let us do whatever we want.

That was the last day I ever had any positive thoughts about pot, regardless of whether it's medical or recreational.
As someone who fully supports an adults choice to use marijuana or not, your anecdotal experience shouldn't influence your outlook on an entire industry.

You encountered shady business men, regardless of the commodity they sell. There are those types in every industry.

And the type of arrogance they spoke with doesn't surprise me one bit. Believe me Pete Coors (alcohol makers) said the same thing.

I don't use pot but seeing the effects of alcohol on the human condition vs weed. Hands down alcohol is a much more dangerous substance. Same with the Script' epidemic ruining families 30mgs at a time.

Certain Cannabis strains are helping children and adults live normal lives not addicted to synthetic her-on or mitigating their seizures.

Any substance can be negative if abused. You seem like a reasonable person FG, the industry is legit and helping so many, the idiots you encountered are in the minority, I assure you.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I picked some guys up on an UberSelect ride at a meat plant off Colorado and I70 area awhile back they got in and told me they were going to Del Friscos DTC and wanted to make a stop at pot shop but need to grab cash first so we got through an atm and they each withdraw $1o0o, so they go in and then come back out with boxes of "loots" I don't know what they are but some sort of candy $2000 worth of the stuff . We go to Del Friscos and they ask me if they paid me $50 and bought me dinner would I wait for them . I said sure waited for them and then take them to the airport(they told me 90min and that I could drive around if I wanted) so I took one lyft ride while still on the clock but got nervous about getting a long ride and not being in the area so I went to a car wash and detailed my car . Pick them up and I'm thinking to myself how are they taking all that weed candy on a plan , it wasn't to DIA just to Centennial where they had me drive on to the runway right up to their private jet . Where they handed me some more cash , and I got to enjoy a nice Del Friscos steak for dinner . Kinda off topic but thought I'd share my best weed related ride . Most the weed related rides were just people tipping me in marijuana or something lol

·
Banned
1,531 Posts
they were going to Del Friscos DTC and wanted to make a stop at pot shop but need to grab cash first so we got through an atm and they each withdraw $1o0o, so they go in and then come back out with boxes of "loots" I don't know what they are...
GSB

I wonder how they were able to buy such a large quantity in one visit.

I love weed and the fact that I live in a state where it's legal.

Some of my best tips are the result of me being such a good weed ambassador for visitors.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
GSB

I wonder how they were able to buy such a large quantity in one visit.

I love weed and the fact that I live in a state where it's legal.

Some of my best tips are the result of me being such a good weed ambassador for visitors.
I wish I knew more about weed culture people always ask me about it and recommendations and I don't know crap lol I'm awesome at recommending cool bars and restaurants that even most locals probably don't even know about

·
Registered
198 Posts
The product isn't the problem. Perversely, unregulated Libertarianism/anarchy/capitalism always leads to monopolization and totalitarianism. All uberx drivers should understand that!

·
Registered
251 Posts
We're talking about a plant which cures cancer, here.

Look up Rick Simpson.

Honestly, I don't care about the recreational side of Pot all that much. If the plant's entire potential was unleashed, and not only semi-legal in some states, it could completely revolutionize the entire American Healthcare Industry.

Someone needs to pull a Rick Simpson and start giving away large amounts of 99.9% Cannabis Oil to cancer patients, for free, en masse.

Then watch the magic happen.

Money is the only thing holding people back.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts