·
Premium Member
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
5,728 Posts
If we're going to talk about safety...

Why not power them with plutonium or uranium? Lol!!!

Oh, and don't bother wearing a seat belt. Odds are, you're a gonner anyway.

Lets just cut to the chase and see if sdc's can even make it to the morgue through DTLA traffic.

The RMS Titanic is at the bottom of the Atlantic, in case people don't know.

:p

·
Premium Member
23,297 Posts
If we're going to talk about safety...

Why not power them with plutonium or uranium? Lol!!!

Oh, and don't bother wearing a seat belt. Odds are, you're a gonner anyway.

Lets just cut to the chase and see if sdc's can even make it to the morgue through DTLA traffic.

The RMS Titanic is at the bottom of the Atlantic, in case people don't know.

:p
The Titanic went down due to Human Error...

·
Premium Member
5,728 Posts
I know. Look, I'm not a big self-driving car fan. But if you are going to argue against them, use logic and reason. They will have less accidents, period. Will passengers trust them? That is a bigger question....
Oh, you're right, I know nothing about computers, logic or reason. And, I'm a foolish idiot. Thanks!!!

#mockingsardonyo_O

·
Registered
391 Posts
I just dont think we're that close. Processing power for the digitization of the image sensors is tremendous.

Each object in the vehicles line of sight must be processed independently. It needs to be reading and factoring into multiple equations involving literally everything around it, and its own speed, position, and other properties. Things like the distance from front right tire to curb, height of this curb leading to a sidewalk, a verticle column on this sidewalk, the sign on this verticle column object, what to do in the instance of this sign. Is there graffitti on this sign? Is it an unknown sign? What if its a stop sign but there is a police officer waving people through? What about other human instructions, ie drive throughs, dui checkpoints, toll booths etc.

Other factors noone brings up. Rain and snow. These distort autonomous cars visual sensors making it more difficult for them to read the lines on the road, or traffic lights. Power outages. Motorcycles splitting lanes. Clearing roads for emergency vehicles. Passing slow vehicles or even bikes. Dropping off people in busy areas. Wide load vehicles. Will they be considerate of other vehicles too? If theres a box in the middle of the 405 is it just going to stop so the person behind you can smash into your car or will it run over the box and destroy its own bumper but possibly prevent a much worse accident?

·
Registered
650 Posts
1st death or serious injury and they are gone!

Or are riders going to sign a "Ride at your own risk waiver"?

Reactions: Uberdriver2710

·
Premium Member
23,297 Posts
1st death or serious injury and they are gone!

Or are riders going to sign a "Ride at your own risk waiver"?
Passengers lover their cheap rides too much. Just like there have been many many rapes, murders, robberies of passengers since Uber started, and Uber only continues to add ridership, passengers are too cheap to care.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I'm all for it. If it makes the roads safer then go for it. It'll still be quite some time before they are at a level where they are trusTed by the public.

·
Premium Member
23,297 Posts
In your post you said they coz less accidents, PERIOD. Proof please
I said, They will have less accidents, period. Clearly my conjectured opinion...really don't care if you take it. Now move on Troll.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts