Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got notified that I'm now elegible for Select. I thought you had to have leather interior for Select. I don't.

If not, congrats to me, I guess.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Hmmm, I was noticing it look like there were a lot more select cars available today than usual, not that select is very busy - only get maybe one request a day. However, I can't find my car on the rider console for select today so sent a message to support to see if they changed something as I haven't received any communication from them regarding changing my account.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
It now says impeccable interior and exterior. So 2015+ models are in without leather and 2009+ is limited to luxury vehicles.

There goes my plan to buy a older Kia Sorento and run X, XL, and Select. Guess I am stuck buying 2015 or newer now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It now says impeccable interior and exterior. So 2015+ models are in without leather and 2009+ is limited to luxury vehicles.

There goes my plan to buy a older Kia Sorento and run X, XL, and Select. Guess I am stuck buying 2015 or newer now.
Still have leather as a requirement as well

VEHICLE REQUIREMENTS
  • Vehicle is 2009 or newer, or 2015 or newer, depending on the vehicle tier, and is a vehicle specifically listed on these tiers (see vehicle listing below)
  • Vehicle has leather seating with no cosmetic or mechanical damage
  • Vehicles classified as uberSELECT have the ability to receive X, SELECT, and XL requests if applicable
  • The Uber DFW Operations Team reserves the right to exclude eligibility in the uberSELECT product as seen fit

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, so I think I figured it out. I tried to have Uber list my wife's 2015 Rogue as an X only vehicle (it has never been used nor have I ever intended to use it for Uber) and let my Quest be an XL vehicle only. I've seen other posts in other markets where that has been allowed. But uber wouldn't go for it.

The Rogue got upgraded to Select, not my van. When it comes back from the body shop, I may have to rethink this arrangement to see how the Select game is in Funky Town.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Still have leather as a requirement as well

VEHICLE REQUIREMENTS
  • Vehicle is 2009 or newer, or 2015 or newer, depending on the vehicle tier, and is a vehicle specifically listed on these tiers (see vehicle listing below)
  • Vehicle has leather seating with no cosmetic or mechanical damage
  • Vehicles classified as uberSELECT have the ability to receive X, SELECT, and XL requests if applicable
  • The Uber DFW Operations Team reserves the right to exclude eligibility in the uberSELECT product as seen fit
Damn - my cheerios just got pissed on. I was looking at the form you posted. Guess I will be getting me a 2009 or newer SUV that I can run on all platforms.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Keep in mind that the 2009 will likely fall out of Select in 2017.
I am looking at 2011 and above. 10k to 15k. What are your thoughts on select? I think there is more upside to XL so I may scratch the idea of trying to run all three platforms. Gas mileage is huge factor.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I too got upgraded to select, but guess what, uber also screwed me and charged me a 25% service fee on all my X rides for today. As a driver who signed on prior to Sept 2015, I should only be getting charged a 20% service fee on X rides. Heads up people, I'm sure I'm not the only one.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I too got upgraded to select, but guess what, uber also screwed me and charged me a 25% service fee on all my X rides for today. As a driver who signed on prior to Sept 2015, I should only be getting charged a 20% service fee on X rides. Heads up people, I'm sure I'm not the only one.
I'll have to watch for that when I get out later this week.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
I actually haven't picked up a passenger since April.

I've been driving food around, have had no problems with the food slamming the trunk or doors, complaining about route (or in general), having an attitude, etc.
What's your weekly haul? And what hours? Is there any night action to be had?

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
What's your weekly haul? And what hours? Is there any night action to be had?
It's been consistently averaging just about $20/hour. Though I think that relies on working when there is greater demand (I tend to focus on the dinner hours ranging anywhere from 5-9pm). As for a weekly haul, basically figure that based on the average... if I put in 20 hours, I make around $400. Though like any service business, there are good/bad days/weeks, but the average seems to work itself out.

The big selling point for me is efficiency. I put FAR fewer miles on my car with delivery. My records show that for all of 2015 (Uber/Lyft only), I earned $0.69/mile (after fuel expense only, so not all operating expense); my 2016 records (DoorDash only), I've earned $1.06/mile (after fuel expense only, so not all operating expense). This includes dead miles.

While I agree that with surge, etc., there is the potential for much bigger earnings when you find a unicorn ride. However, for me, I would rather earn something more consistent. I can always log into Uber/Lyft if I want as well.

·
Registered
256 Posts
The Rogue got upgraded to Select, not my van. When it comes back from the body shop, I may have to rethink this arrangement to see how the Select game is in Funky Town.
Good luck, got so few select pings, I just about quit driving my select ride. But, what is weird is, when I go drive my select car, vs. when I drive my X car.......I get better rides, longer fares. Don't seem to ever get those rides with my X car. But my X car is much larger and roomier, just as nice, is only three years old, also has leather, and gets better fuel economy. Go figure....lol

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I had the same problem some time ago. I marched down to the Lamar Uber office and the rep I spoke with immediately corrected the problem and, had my account credited with all the back shortages.

·
Registered
354 Posts
The cheapest black car you can get will probably be a Lincoln MKS or Chrysler 300. These cars will have massive depreciation and they are unreliable. Once you uber the life out of them expect them to be more beat up and worthless.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts