Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Select Rides

552 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  steveK2016 
#1 ·
So I have a neighbor who goes to doctor appointments, dentist etc she uses select every time but before she makes the request she tells me to sign on so it can find me and almost 90% of the time it finds another select driver nearly 15 minutes away or it will tell her on the app all select drivers are busy at the moment when I'm literally up the street from her, any ideas what could be preventing her from finding me?? I always have a 85% acceptance rate or higher so not sure what it could be

#5 ·
This is common that drivers too close to requests or too many repeats with the same pax will be blocked from each other in the AI. Several years ago someone who claimed to work for Uber IT said this was done for 2 reasons.
1- To prevent street hails which are illegal and a sensitive issue at the beginning of rideshare.
2- To prevent the driver and pax from becoming too familiar with each other and start arranging private rides.

#7 ·
Blame the Uber Algorithm. When I started driving for Uber, their algorithm was very simple. One of my passengers even sent a request from the back seat of my car and it came to me. Not anymore. Their algorithm is very sophisticated now. There are alot of IF's that the request has to go through to come to you. Either give her a ride and accept money through venmo, or if insurance is a big deal to you and you want to be protected in case of an accident, then switch to Lyft. Lyft Algorithm still allows the closest driver get the request. Atleast Lyft allowed me to do that last couple of times. So you should experiment with Lyft and see how it goes. OR drive a couple of miles a way from your friend's house and then ask her to request an Uber. Keep experimenting. Good luck!

This is common that drivers too close to requests or too many repeats with the same pax will be blocked from each other in the AI. Several years ago someone who claimed to work for Uber IT said this was done for 2 reasons.
1- To prevent street hails which are illegal and a sensitive issue at the beginning of rideshare.
2- To prevent the driver and pax from becoming too familiar with each other and start arranging private rides.
3. To prevent the drivers from picking up themselves. Some drivers would take themselves home for the last trip of the quest ? I remember when their Algo was so simple. John requesting UberX from the front seat of an Uber car driven by John, that was perfectly fine with Uber Algo ???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.