Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that it's surging often. I drive Uber X. Is select busy in Tampa? Are the rides short?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I've noticed that Select-only surge, too. But I've also noticed the cars that are available never seem to move. It seems like there is an XL-only surge every once in awhile now also, but that never seems to affect my number of pings. If anything, it reduces them. Passengers have the option of having the passenger app alert them when the surge has passed - too bad our app doesn't notify us of when there IS a surge. It all just seems like smoke and mirrors. I am very interested though in what Select drivers have to say about this. Anyone?

·
Registered
209 Posts
I've noticed that it's surging often. I drive Uber X. Is select busy in Tampa? Are the rides short?
I didn't know there was Select in Tampa? When I open the rider app all I see is X or XL.

I've noticed that Select-only surge, too. But I've also noticed the cars that are available never seem to move. It seems like there is an XL-only surge every once in awhile now also, but that never seems to affect my number of pings. If anything, it reduces them. Passengers have the option of having the passenger app alert them when the surge has passed - too bad our app doesn't notify us of when there IS a surge. It all just seems like smoke and mirrors. I am very interested though in what Select drivers have to say about this. Anyone?
Weak -- they get a notification of when the surge has passed? It's not really a surge if the passenger can essentially set up the ride for later. It is smoke and mirrors if that's the case. I've wondered why I get ride requests right after a surge ends, probably because the rider has been notified.. yet, they wanted a ride during surge, and are getting non-surge rates. wtf.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My car has been assigned Uber Select/ Uber X. I have read on the forums that some places allow you to sign on as Select only. Is true in Tampa? Can we sign in as Select only? And if so how do we do that? I don't see where I can do that when I go online.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes I do. I hang out at the airport and I love those rides. You make twice as much on a Select ride which helps to keep mileage down.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts