Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
5:45p - Well, for the first time since making it a habit to wait out the Select queue, maybe 7 times now, and mainly in the new lot, I have seen the dreaded queue jump occur, just now from position 8 to 11. Three sudden cancellations as the cause of this seems far-fetched. (To be fair, in the hour prior to this the queue had been dropping quickly, but that seemed reasonable as a lot of flights were arriving [FlightStats.com].)

Has anyone else seen this Select queue jump up since the move to the new lot? I hope the scam that made the prior lot's Select queue hell hasn't returned.

Let's use this thread to record cases we see, I suggest.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
6:05p - Got back to 8 and saw a jump back to 9, just now.

Although another weirdness I've seen today is popping in and out of the queue countdown screen. May have been due to parking like I normally do against the East fence. Shouldn't affect my position in any case.

6:20p - And now again from 8 to 10, and after moving away from the fence. Getting annoying!

6:30p - Again from 8 to 10.

·
12,553 Posts
Yeah there is absolutely no valid reason you jump back three numbers at once. A cancellation happens but not three at a time. As you get closer to the top, you'll get more of an idea timewise but when you're sitting at number 2 for an hour and get bumped back three numbers, there is no way a cancellation shows up after an hour and it's definitely not three at a time. My suggestion, when you get bumped back that many numbers, order one. One guy might be a valid cancellation,if you moved up a number in the last 15 Minutes. If not, all 3 are scamming. Screenshot their info and save it. As you collect their info, if the same person or vehicle continue showing up . . . there you go! Did you finally get out? Also has anyone checked the geo-fence lately? If they relaxed it, it could be drivers who left the lot, held their spot and came back in. You move up in the queue while you're gone but supposedly can't get a ping. so they waited too long and they're going to come back in, in the top couple spots.

Also buy a screenshotting their info, you now have their license plate number and vehicle. It doesn't take much to walk around that lot to see if that Vehicle is really there or you might just run into them somewhere.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hung at 8 until about 7:10 then started to drop. Got to 4 at 7:40 and then the ping at 7:44, when I suspect I was still at 4! Curious number, since it was 3 which I jumped up from 8 to 11. I wonder if those 3 were out of the lot and so couldn't get the ping? Would make sense. But nothing explains how a jump of 3 like that can occur, except a ridiculous triple cancellation.

Thanks for the suggestions, Daisey. Smart and I will do them next time things get squirrelly!

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
My suggestion, when you get bumped back that many numbers, order one. One guy might be a valid cancellation,if you moved up a number in the last 15 Minutes. If not, all 3 are scamming. Screenshot their info and save it. As you collect their info, if the same person or vehicle continue showing up . . . there you go!

Also buy a screenshotting their info, you now have their license plate number and vehicle. It doesn't take much to walk around that lot to see if that Vehicle is really there or you might just run into them somewhere.
Thanks for the suggestions, Daisey. Smart and I will do them next time things get squirrelly!
So what exactly do you do with these screen shots?

·
12,553 Posts
Hung at 8 until about 7:10 then started to drop. Got to 4 at 7:40 and then the ping at 7:44, when I suspect I was still at 4! Curious number, since it was 3 I jumped up from 8 to 11. I wonder if those 3 were out of the lot and so couldn't get the ping? Would make sense. But nothing explains how a jump of 3 like that can occur, except a ridiculous triple cancellation.

Yeah getting a hit and number three is a little odd. In my experience, when I'm out there while they are, that has not happened. I wonder if drivers were screening? typically when they are all off grounds, data cannot reach their phones. So our end of the queue moves normal. when they get back and connect their data again, that's when we get kicked back. If this continues and you end up getting their info, I have all of my info saved so we can compare drivers/vehicles. Good luck!

·
12,553 Posts
But have you seen this yourself in the new lot, Daisey?
No. There have been a couple times I got bumped from #2 to #3 but within a few minutes I was back at number two. Which tells me that was a legit cancel. I honestly wouldn't put it past Uber to fix it so when we do get bumped back, we don't see it on our end. Just to avoid backlash from drivers.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Yeah there is absolutely no valid reason you jump back three numbers at once. A cancellation happens but not three at a time. As you get closer to the top, you'll get more of an idea timewise but when you're sitting at number 2 for an hour and get bumped back three numbers, there is no way a cancellation shows up after an hour and it's definitely not three at a time. My suggestion, when you get bumped back that many numbers, order one. One guy might be a valid cancellation,if you moved up a number in the last 15 Minutes. If not, all 3 are scamming

But how do you know they're not in the Black lot ? You can get select request from there also ?

·
12,553 Posts
But how do you know they're not in the Black lot ? You can get select request from there also ?
Well I thought when FIFO 2 first opened, they had it set up so select and Black had to be in their own lots but maybe that was just Black for FIFO2 ?? IDK now I can see Select in the Black lot. Hell I don't know anymore LoL all I know is I don't give a shit what lot you wait in, as long as you wait your turn! None of this locking down the top spots. Other people got bills to pay, kids to feed, rehab classes to pay for, loved ones who need their medication paid for so they don't die, yada yada yada. No, not me but point being we all have problems where we need this money. People need to respect the fact that this is peoples LIVES . . . not something to play with. That's all. Uber on LoL

·
Registered
13 Posts
Suckers...see I've outsmarted you all. I head to the airport lot. Park, open my door and leave my cell phone INSIDE the lot. And go home! Then when I get a request I just accept. BAM PIECE OF CAKE

1 - 15 of 15 Posts