Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had an $2.40 pool rider today that said she signed up as a rider on seejanego and the ride I gave here was going to cost her $11 on seejanego ... still no tip for me
Yes, the rates are more expensive. I believe drivers are paid $1.10/mile and $.19/minute. They are also offering (right now) $10 if it takes you 10 minutes or more to get to a pax for pick up.

·
Banned
16,573 Posts
I had an $2.40 pool rider today that said she signed up as a rider on seejanego and the ride I gave here was going to cost her $11 on seejanego ... still no tip for me
I had a SeeJaneGo driver cop on a solo strip club crawl last night tell me he planned on blowing his last $300 on a stripper at the body shop to make it an even grand for the night and he could find a penny to tip me.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Why would men do that? Women represent only the most minute threat to men in a ride share environment. It's a considerably greater threat to women.
Because it is competition that male drivers have no chance of competing with. It has nothing to do with who may be a threat to whom.

FBI crime stats show that 15% of white murder victims are killed by blacks. Only 8% of black murder victims are killed by whites. That doesn't mean that there should be a whites-only rideshare service. Imagine the powder keg that would be. Oakland, Detroit and Chicago would be burned down the very same day.

Women are more at risk from men than they are from women. It doesn't mean that innocent men should pay the price for this. What's next? Segregated, women-only supermarkets? Restaurants? Streets? We'd end up like Saudi Arabia, where women are segregated and excluded "for their own protection" from men. Not the answer.

·
Registered
916 Posts
FBI crime stats show that 15% of white murder victims are killed by blacks. Only 8% of black murder victims are killed by whites. That doesn't mean that there should be a whites-only rideshare service. Imagine the powder keg that would be. Oakland, Detroit and Chicago would be burned down the very same day.
Your logic button is broken. By your own statistics, 80% of whites are killed by other whites. So they would be safer if they started a rideshare app where they were driven strictly by black drivers. A whites only rideshare service only increases your (their?) chance of getting deaded.

·
Banned
16,573 Posts
Because it is competition that male drivers have no chance of competing with. It has nothing to do with who may be a threat to whom.

Women are more at risk from men than they are from women. It doesn't mean that innocent men should pay the price for this. What's next? Segregated, women-only supermarkets? Restaurants? Streets? We'd end up like Saudi Arabia, where women are segregated and excluded "for their own protection" from men. Not the answer.
Your post went way over my head so Imma claim victory this round bur you're a worthy opponent.

·
Banned
16,573 Posts
Your logic button is broken. By your own statistics, 80% of whites are killed by other whites. So they would be safer if they started a rideshare app where they were driven strictly by black drivers. A whites only rideshare service only increases your (their) chance of getting deaded.
Not necessarily because you have to take into account the percentages in the overall population.

Let's say the whole country is 99.99999% Jupiter native and there's 2 Martians. 80% of the murders of Jupiter natives are committed by other Jupiter natives. I'd be careful around the 2 Martians if I was you.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Not necessarily because you have to take into account the percentages in the overall population.

Let's say the whole country is 99.99999% Jupiter native and there's 2 Martians. 80% of the murders of Jupiter natives are committed by other Jupiter natives. I'd be careful around the 2 Martians if I was you.
I'm TERRIBLE at math but you raise a fair point.

So I looked it up.

2015 numbers:

Whites killing whites - 2574
Blacks killing whites - 501

I'm not so good with the math, but that looks like 5x the number of Interracial killings (in this fictional world where only the races of black and white exist), so if whites want to start their own service where they are exposed to the person 5x more likely to murder them.....

1 - 20 of 68 Posts