Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

SEEING THIS RATING IS KILLING ME

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  gearhead 
#1 ·
I barely started driving for Uber and last night was my first night out I had an overall of 15 trips and my ratings are 6 5 stars out of 8 rated trips and overall rating is a 4.43 is something wrong that I'm doing this is the only job that will put food on the table for now I am going back out tonight but seeing that rating kills me..

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
relax...

It takes a bit of time to understand the job. The ratings will go up as you learn how things work. With so few trips under your belt ratings will fluctuate greatly but will even out over time. With only 15 trips a single marginal rating makes the overall average go down dramatically. When you get to 100-200 trips if you are still at 4.43 THEN something is wrong but until then don't sweat it.

#3 ·
chill out about ratings....trust me on that. I have taken a ride the other night with an uber driver with a 3.2 rating in St. Paul. He told me he's been driving for a year and half. It was a 2.2 surge but i didnt mind it cus i like to give back to my fellow drivers. I also gave him a $5 tip and a 5 star rating. So chill out dude. Uber does not care about rating as long as you don't do something serious like a safety violation or end up on the 5 O'clock news. LOL.

#4 ·
Uber doesn't care. They always need a metric in which you are failing, to justify deactivating you if they don't like you. You will never be able to keep up with all the standards they hold you to, while making a profit at the same time. Just give up right now, find a better income.

#12 ·
It is also very common for your ratings to sink to dangerous levels after they have risen to VIP staus ratings wise.This regardless of the fact that the only thing you are doing diferent is providing even better and better service as time goes on.Cant prove it but I swear Uber is manipulating driver ratings and toying with you just to keep you on your toes .Doing this keeps drivers from starting to get complacent ,no longer providing 5 star service,and slacking off once thier ratings get way up there because they now feel safe. . Cant prove this paranoid theory but wouldnt be surprised if true.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.