Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't know about you other drivers, but I actually watch less TV and films at the theater than I did before I became an Uber driver. I feel too guilty! (I do wonder if my father felt this way... with a wife and 5 kids to support maybe he felt it was a "sin" to take time off for personal enjoyment.

As some of you guys might know, I am a great fan of superheroes. Back in the 1980s I often would put on a rather glorified Batman outfit, complete with a metallic vest, and go out haunting the bars and dives of Bridgeport CT. Looking back, from a vantage point of almost 40 years, I can't believe that no one simply did an "Indiana Jones" and capped my ass.

Even tho physically I can no longer wear the tights and cape, I still enjoy the films and tv shows. CW's Black Lightning, that I saw last night, was very enjoyable, as well as PROUD MARY that I saw today at the local film plex. "Justice League" a month ago - which could have been called "Superman Rebirth" was pretty good, altho like most of Zach Snyder's films I am sure that the Blu-Ray extended story version will be much better.
Wonder Woman was fantastic and Spider-Man Homecoming was OK even tho it was geared to young teenagers. Marvel's Black Panther should be hot and the AVENGERS INFINITY WAR should be, well cosmic!

When I pay $$$ to see a film (which is not often these days) I want to be entertained. I was riding an adrenalin high when I left Proud Mary today. Life is sad and tortured enough - I want feel good films!

·
Premium Member
59,466 Posts
I don't know about you other drivers, but I actually watch less TV and films at the theater than I did before I became an Uber driver. I feel too guilty! (I do wonder if my father felt this way... with a wife and 5 kids to support maybe he felt it was a "sin" to take time off for personal enjoyment.

As some of you guys might know, I am a great fan of superheroes. Back in the 1980s I often would put on a rather glorified Batman outfit, complete with a metallic vest, and go out haunting the bars and dives of Bridgeport CT. Looking back, from a vantage point of almost 40 years, I can't believe that no one simply did an "Indiana Jones" and capped my ass.

Even tho physically I can no longer wear the tights and cape, I still enjoy the films and tv shows. CW's Black Lightning, that I saw last night, was very enjoyable, as well as PROUD MARY that I saw today at the local film plex. "Justice League" a month ago - which could have been called "Superman Rebirth" was pretty good, altho like most of Zach Snyder's films I am sure that the Blu-Ray extended story version will be much better.
Wonder Woman was fantastic and Soider-Man Homecoming was OK even tho it was geared to young teenagers. Marvel's Black Panther should be hot and the AVENGERS INFINITY WAR should be, well cosmic!

When I pay $$$ to see a film (which is not often these days) I want to be entertained. I was riding an adrenalin high when I left Proud Mary today. Life is sad and tortured enough - I want feel good films!
So many questions.

Movies are Good.

We have costumes on Both ends of Bourbon Street.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So many questions.

Movies are Good.

We have costumes on Both ends of Bourbon Street.

See, this is what happens when you have a bright child and have no idea how to raise him! Today I think the school system would have put me in a "gifted" kid program. I would have been happy enough in a trade program too, such as plumbing or electrician. Instead I got religion (Catholicism) shoved down my throat. And when you consider the colorful costumes the clergy wear, it is not surprising that it felt natural to wear a cape and tights!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Check out MoviePass. $10/month for 1 movie/day at the theater. I've walked out of so many movies (MOTHER!, for instance) since getting it. Feels great.

I think I'll go to PROUD MARY this weekend. I love Taraji, so I'm just going to ignore whatever Rotten Tomatoes has to say about it.

Really liked 3 BILLBOARDS. Sam Rockwell and Frances McDormand are great in it.

·
Premium Member
59,466 Posts

See, this is what happens when you have a bright child and have no idea how to raise him! Today I think the school system would have put me in a "gifted" kid program. I would have been happy enough in a trade program too, such as plumbing or electrician. Instead I got religion (Catholicism) shoved down my throat. And when you consider the colorful costumes the clergy wear, it is not surprising that it felt natural to wear a cape and tights!
Nothing wrong with a cape & tights.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts