Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

· Registered
1,039 Posts
I saw a sticker on a car next to our work place, not sure whose car that was, but I was like wow, him too, huh, and not even hiding! Me, I am hiding, I only have removable light sign, which I take off. The reason I am hiding, I suspect that everyone will be telling me why it is a bad idea, and I don't want to listen to that. I already have my wife, that is more than enough.

· Premium Member
2021 Honda Accord EX-L
7,111 Posts
Driving for Uber or Lyft, see another decal on a car, think "what an idiot!" Yeah, that makes perfect sense.. ?

I'd ask how driving is working out for them and swap stories. Just like I do with an acquaintance that works across the street at Wawa, a new Lyft driver.

· Premium Member
2021 Honda Accord EX-L
7,111 Posts
I like the lift stickers helps with the cops harassment
Mine got me out of a speeding ticket once, and it would have been a big one. More recently, I grew tired of waiting at a sobriety checkpoint while I was working and turned around in front of an officer - they didn't turn a wheel.

We're keeping drunks off the road. Why on earth would police harass us?

· Premium Member
13,458 Posts
thinking wow , when will the madness stop with anyone doing this job. without the number capped....next door guy..professional doctor. nurse. ups worker ....imho. low rates and partime . kill the job. as part timers dont need the job.
so imho the quality of drivers is poor. very poor at best.
as when i started over 5 years ago . doing black here before x came out.....the first wave of uber drivers were high quality and 10 yrs old cars..
$1.79 a mile...now .92 cents a mile and you can have 15 y/o cars wow 15 years....so imho if we charged a base rate of $2 a mile and let uber take full 20% not 40-50% . people would pay and profits would be higher as no quests would be needed or the boosts..
i got 15k rides wtf do i know..i seen a 14 y/o doing grub hub on a bike yesterday in phila city....this must be against the law....kids going to get mugged or hurt as he is so young..he is a target

· Premium Member
7,220 Posts
thinking wow , when will the madness stop with anyone doing this job. without the number capped....next door guy..professional doctor. nurse. ups worker ....imho. low rates and partime . kill the job. as part timers dont need the job.
so imho the quality of drivers is poor. very poor at best.
as when i started over 5 years ago . doing black here before x came out.....the first wave of uber drivers were high quality and 10 yrs old cars..
$1.79 a mile...now .92 cents a mile and you can have 15 y/o cars wow 15 years....so imho if we charged a base rate of $2 a mile and let uber take full 20% not 40-50% . people would pay and profits would be higher as no quests would be needed or the boosts..
i got 15k rides wtf do i know..i seen a 14 y/o doing grub hub on a bike yesterday in phila city....this must be against the law....kids going to get mugged or hurt as he is so young..he is a target
Not that I totally disagree, but I'll put my 14 year old car with 114,000 miles on it, up against many 4 or 5 year old cars on comfort and appearance, any day.

I get daily compliments on it from my riders and maintain a 4.95 on Uber and 4.99 on Lyft. I've spoken to many drivers with far newer cars that can't touch my ratings.

Closing in on 1400 rides total.

· Registered
516 Posts
I'm now doing U/L as a bridge job. Ub about 7wks, Lf about 3wks.

I only have one Uber sticker om my upper right windshield- the one they sent me.
I contacted Lyft and asked where is my sticker? They replied- now that I asked, it's coming UPS, and will take over a week to get here.

I only think I'd like to talk to other drivers- that aren't prejudice against me and will talk to me, give me some pointers, etc.

I feel lucky I have not been in an accident or mugged/killed while driving U/L.
Can't wait for 5/1/19 to roll around, and start my Professional Gig Full time again. Big $$ and benefits.
I may do destination and local stuff occasionally after that though!

· Premium Member
7,220 Posts
That they haven't done the math? Or that they are just crazy... or simply bored?
I'm probably a bad person to ask being the type that has never cared what others think of me, nor one that judges others.

What I would say is that, anyone who works a job to stay off the public dole is someone that I can respect.

· Banned
5,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I don’t feel there is any right or wrong answer but for me if I was at my job the last thing I would do is trust anyones judgement the second they speak in a meeting. Is that wrong? maybe but it’s all business related. The rates are so bad..driving is clearly a bad judgement decision, especially if you have a job, as for people hustling to make bills I think it hurts the worker more for other coworkers to see that you drive strangers for a side living at loss and can actually affect your real career or source of income because it can hinder your opportunities of success in your real career. Just the honest truth in how jobs can be, we may not say it but I am pretty certain most people think it, especially those that have never had to actually hustle in life are the ones that will judge you at your workplace and not take you seriously.

My overall point is that having a lyft sticker at work can only hurt your career and not help it one bit in 2019.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.