Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of buying this for my car, to use instead of a dash cam.

I kinda of want this to be secret so people will still act normal and can catch any erroneous behavior. For instance the guy that started to touch me, this way I would have proof and could take it to the police station and or any other instances. I feel like I could hide this in my headliner, also how many should I get 1,2, or 3? Also I really don't want to put anything on my dash, I'd much rather have it in my head liner or inner dash, where it is not visible.

Here is the one that I am looking at getting:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Wirele...e-Micro-Spy-Cam-Complete-System-/381199753367

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thinking of buying this for my car, to use instead of a dash cam.

I kinda of want this to be secret so people will still act normal and can catch any erroneous behavior. For instance the guy that started to touch me, this way I would have proof and could take it to the police station and or any other instances. I feel like I could hide this in my headliner, also how many should I get 1,2, or 3? Also I really don't want to put anything on my dash, I'd much rather have it in my head liner or inner dash, where it is not visible.

Here is the one that I am looking at getting:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Wirele...e-Micro-Spy-Cam-Complete-System-/381199753367
Also I don't a dash cam to obstruct my view of the street. Thus I am able to see more clearly. Just my two cents about that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Actually it wouldn't be about paranoia. If it was, there would be no cameras on the street, police dash cams, dash cams, CCTV. It what you call security and mitigating he said she said or use of motion picture as evidence. Actually we need more people like the OP who are proactive in personal security and not tin foil hats who think cameras = the government if after me.

But anyway in a lot of nations (All US States, Australia, UK, etc) you don't need to get consent to take pictures or video of people in public or within your own car or home. Sound recording could be an issue.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I like the idea and product, only 2 things I'd be concerned about. One, the camera/transmitter unit needs a 9V battery for operation. I wouldn't want to be changing and buying batteries at frequent intervals. If you could find a camera/transmitter that's 12V you'd be in business as you could wire it in to the cars power. Two, unfortunately it says that the system is live feed only so no recording for you with that system alone...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.