Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lived 16 years in Seattle, well before Uber & Lyft times. Currently living in Bay Area CA UberXing/Lyfting and CessPooling/LyftLining in San Francisco - mostly SFO International Airport (8PM-1AM surge runs only) and downtown guarantee hours ($55-45/hr 7-9:30AM weekdays & $35-45/hr PM variable all week).

Each week I net $1,200-$1,800 + $50-$200 tips. I'm considering moving back to Seattle, because cost of living here in SF is OUTRAGEOUS and a friend owns a ~nice~ condo they would rent to me for $1500/mo.

So, question is...

What are FULL TIME Seattle Uber/Lyft drivers making?
Are there hourly guarantees?
Do you get weekly Power Driver Bonus for #rides per week?($50/30-$100/50-$225/80-$350/100-$500/120)
How are SeaTac Airport requirements? Does SeaTac Surge?
Do people tip?

Attachments

·
Banned
785 Posts
Me neither, Ive gotten to like 900 quite a bit this summer. But Ive only been working like 40 - 45 hours. Those dudes on the leaderboard for the points are cyborgs and probably get 1500 +, but how is that living and cars are on fast pace to total destructo.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Lived 16 years in Seattle, well before Uber & Lyft times. Currently living in Bay Area CA UberXing/Lyfting and CessPooling/LyftLining in San Francisco - mostly SFO International Airport (8PM-1AM surge runs only) and downtown guarantee hours ($55-45/hr 7-9:30AM weekdays & $35-45/hr PM variable all week).

Each week I net $1,200-$1,800 + $50-$200 tips. I'm considering moving back to Seattle, because cost of living here in SF is OUTRAGEOUS and a friend owns a ~nice~ condo they would rent to me for $1500/mo.

So, question is...

What are FULL TIME Seattle Uber/Lyft drivers making?
Are there hourly guarantees?
Do you get weekly Power Driver Bonus for #rides per week?($50/30-$100/50-$225/80-$350/100-$500/120)
How are SeaTac Airport requirements? Does SeaTac Surge?
Do people tip?
I will answer some of your questions. Lyft has the PDB in Seattle, but Uber does not. Hourly guarantees are rare but some (not all) Uber drivers have been offered weekend hourly guarantees recently.

The good news is that UberX rates are higher in Seattle; $1.35/mile and .24/minute. Regular Lyft rates are nearly identical to UberX rates.

Uberpool rates are just .13 a minute with both UberX and Lyft, so the net result is you get paid up to 30% less for a pool ride than for an UberX ride. With per hour guarantees being rare, and PDB non-existent, the more sophisticated Uber drivers are ignoring all pool pings unless they are surge pings of 2x or more.

You should have a similar or slightly better tip experience in Seattle. Female UberX drivers are uncommon, making up probably no more than 10% of drivers, and no more than 5% of fulltime drivers. Those percentages are probably a little bit higher for Lyft.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts