Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I picked up a PAX that stated he had just got into and drivers car when, just before the get up the block there was a check point for checking for seat belts. The driver was not paying attention to the PAX and did not notice that they were not buckled in. The officer stated, "The rules for the cab drivers does not apply to UBER", and the police issued a ticket to the driver stating that he is responsible for his riders. The PAX stated that he felt bad for the driver and gave him the money for the ticket.

Now, I really don't know how true his statements were according to paying for the ticket but not all PAX are going to do this. Just make sure all PAX are wearing their seat belts in your vehicle because they are issuing the tickets to the UBER drivers...

·
Registered
644 Posts
I got one about a month ago on Tchoupitoulas near the Wal Mart. NOPD cop standing on side of street at the red light pulling vehicles over checking for seatbelts. One of my riders didn't have his on in the back seat and the cop gave me the ticket. $45....paid it online. The 6 young male riders did not offer to pay for the ticket nor did they even give me a tip. Now I have all riders put them on and show them the ticket I keep in the sun visor. Only had one complaint from a couple of NYPD cops on vacation. I picked them up at "The Country Club" on Louisa and had to first make them either drink or dump their drinks, then they wouldn't put their belts on. i pulled over on St. Claude and told them I was going to end the trip and they could order another Uber who might allow them to ride without belts. They put the belts on. Now I always cancel when people walk up to the vehicle with drinks.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I've only gotten traffic camera tickets which don't reflect any flags on my drivers license. I guess I've been lucky so far not to get pulled over. Are y'all concerned about the flags on your license from these tickets?

·
Registered
644 Posts
I've only gotten traffic camera tickets which don't reflect any flags on my drivers license. I guess I've been lucky so far not to get pulled over. Are y'all concerned about the flags on your license from these tickets?
Seatbelt ticket is a non-moving violation. That is, unless you need to disagree with me again. Lol!
I got 1 red light ticket on Poydras at St. Charles a while back. $135 and also considered a non-moving violation because there's no way they can tell who was driving the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Seatbelt ticket is a non-moving violation. That is, unless you need to disagree with me again. Lol!
I got 1 red light ticket on Poydras at St. Charles a while back. $135 and also considered a non-moving violation because there's no way they can tell who was driving the vehicle.
Don't pay tickets you receive in the mail. Just toss them in the garbage.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
That's why I don't park on the street downtown. I always use parking lots and garages.

Boots aren't that difficult to remove though. Besides, I have a spare tire.

·
Premium Member
60,441 Posts
That's why I don't park on the street downtown. I always use parking lots and garages.

Boots aren't that difficult to remove though. Besides, I have a spare tire.
I saw a few cars with 4 boots !

They are privatized too.

Just like the traffic cam and speed trap racket.

Goldman Sachs owns 33% of one of these rackets.

So you know it's legitimate . . .

Nothing like lobbying to legislate theft of the public on behalf of the state !

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I might actually pay a camera ticket if I lived in Nola and parked on the street in front of my house.

Fortunately, I live on 1.4 acres out in the country. I'm a hillbilly ******* with a pickup truck too.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Don't pay tickets you receive in the mail. Just toss them in the garbage.
This x 1000

The camera tickets are a scam and are in no way enforceable other than by the boot racket.

The 2nd best option besides ignoring the ticket is to go an auto title place and tell them your plate was stolen, and get a new one for $40.

·
Premium Member
60,441 Posts
I might actually pay a camera ticket if I lived in Nola and parked on the street in front of my house.

Fortunately, I live on 1.4 acres out in the country. I'm a hillbilly ******* with a pickup truck too.
Now Chicago is allowing booting in some garages.

How long till here ?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Instead of being snark, why don't you just say that traffic camera tickets won't flag your drivers license? I'm talking
Now Chicago is allowing booting in some garages.

How long till here ?
They already do that at Harrah's.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
And for what it's worth, Harrahs is one of my customers. I park in their garage at least once a week. I've never seen any meter maids walking around the garage. Lol

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
I park at harrahs garages often enough and I'm on the boot list for unpaid camera tickets.
I don't think there's any way harrahs would let the city boot in the garages.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I asked a group of JP officers, and a group of State Troopers, they all told me that if the pax is an adult and in the back seat the pax will get the ticket, not the driver. If the pax is a minor the or anyone in the front seat the driver gets the ticket. This was during the click it or ticket campaign so I assume they would have been recently briefed on the seatbelt laws. New Orleans may have stricter laws. I'd say if you get a ticket for back seat pax fight it. As a driver in the front seat it would be more dangerous for you to have to constantly check your pax than for a pax to ride without a seatbelt. Cops can't prove that you checked before driving and the pax didn't later took it off.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts