Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Uber/Lyft fam.

I hope everyone is staying healthy and making the best of all this craziness. Forgive me if there is some other tread on this subject but I had a difficult time finding the answer.

Since Lysol spray and wipes are nearly impossible to find, how is everyone staying safe? I want to create some sort of plastic barrier between the front and back seats. Has anyone had any luck making these? If yes, was there a site you used that had some sort of Uber kit ready? Or did you DIY style?

Again I hope everyone and their families stay safe and healthy.
God bless you all.

Thanks in advance for any tips/pics shared.

-Kaz

Premium Member
Lyft made an official recomidation about this a couple weeks ago in an email 🤣🤣

Screenshot_20200409-205012_Inbox.jpg

"This kit" is a link to this amazon listing:
Screenshot_20200409-205032_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Premium Member
I use those in my house...lol. Those could work (shrug...lol)
What is that stuff? It looks like Saran Wrap and 3M double-sided tape to me🤷鈥嶁檪

Do a search, a couple other people made dividers too.

Potential downsides is, pax damaging it, paxt being nervous by it, passengers not impressed by lack of ventilation in the car.

In my area with the Arizona heat, people insist on air conditioning. I see no practical way drivers in my area could get away with having the back half the car Saran Wrap divided from the front half

Premium Member
B628C708-DD94-4348-82B6-30C556BCEEB6.png

This seems like a good idea. It's clearly a shower curtain. I would also require all passengers to put on a face mask before they enter my vehicle. U/L needs to make this mandatory. I don't know what they're waiting on. No mask, No ride. Period.

And I guess the one good thing is we don't have to listen to the silly people on here argue about how they demand to sit in the front seat when they're passengers in an Uber. Nobody will be sitting in the front seat of my car for a long, long while. At least until there's a widely distributed vaccine which means 18 months or more. And maybe even not then. I rather enjoy social distancing. As a driver I like having my own personal space. Just like hand shaking is a thing of the past, I think riders sitting in the front seat and shared/ pool rides also need to go away permanently.

Reactions: Bonmot

Premium Member
I would require all passengers to put on a face mask before they enter my vehicle. U/L needs to make this mandatory.
Uber is too greedy to mandate any such policy on paying passengers. Uber knows there is a mask shortage and a passenger shortage, but there is no driver shortage. Do the math.

Premium Member
Uber is too greedy to mandate any such policy on paying passengers. Uber knows there is a mask shortage and a passenger shortage, but there is no driver shortage. Do the math.
I am well aware that U/L don't give a s*** about drivers. However, drivers not wearing masks is endangering passengers by possibly spreading the disease to their precious paying pax. That wouldn't look good for U/L if passengers start to complain about drivers not wearing masks. And at that point I don't see how they can mandate drivers wear masks without mandating passengers also wear one. So its a good PR move for them. LA is now requiring everyone wear masks in public, so is a city in Texas... other cities will follow. California has been way ahead of other places on this Coronavirus thing from the very beginning. A lot of cities will follow them which makes it a lot easier for U/L to implement this policy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.