Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No demand on Fridays in seacoast. Only two rides lastnight from 10p-11:40p. Decided to call it quits at that point after a whopping $9 night. Last Friday was the same deal, 4 hours online $23. At this rate Uber will be out of business south of Portland cause the drivers will dry up. No minimums or guarantees offered south of Portland but Uber told me they are working on it.......lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wells, Ogunquit, Kennebunk. Kennebunk always shows fake surges/demand. I sit within range and never get pings, and I can be the only driver within range.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah pretty discouraged with it really, it's a good night if you average $15 an hour down here, and that might only happen on a Saturday. Down here you also have 10-12 minutes drive to pick up riders so lucky if you can turn 3-4 rides per hour and at $3-$4 per trip it doesn't add up. There's only a handful of drivers here and that's soon to dry up as everyone is tired of hearing Uber say there working on it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I know, down here with traffic and all mileage should really be at $2 per mile and .30 minute to even try and make it work. And I have no doubt the clientele here would pay it out of shear convinience and speed, as there are very few taxis and average taxi wait could be 20-30 minutes. But I won't hold my breath as Uber really doesn't understand that's it's a 50/50 split on driver/rider happiness or the whole thing crashes.

·
Registered
189 Posts
They get it man but they don't care about the drivers making money. In the larger cities it gets the same 1.10 and 20 or 25 percent of every call and in the small/seasonal areas they can't be bothered with the minimal income it generates

1 - 8 of 8 Posts