Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend the mysterious rider in Seabrook, Kemah, Bacliff that would fake request rides then cancel repeatedly has been reported to Uber and Police. His name is Eduardo. Drivers heads up if you get one of his requests/cancellations.

I reported him on all cancellations and Uber decided to filter him out so he can't request me anymore. Going to test that. Also, they messaged me saying they're disabling his app. Well....I need lab rats to test that...lol.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Cowboyup Thanks for the heads up.
Are you aware Uber drivers can be fined picking up in Kemah for sure and possibly some of those other places.
Search the forum for Kemah.

As for the response from Uber that is a standard response.

Good Luck out there

RC
Wow, had no idea about Kemah. Is that a Kemah PD directive or from the city itself?

As far as Cowboys issue, sorry you had to put up with that. This why we need a cancellation fee.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Kemah has never been a issue for me... Don't block traffic. Dropping at the boardwalk near the car garage... The Target can be hell for shot trips near by...

·
Banned
2,822 Posts
I may be missing something, but why are you wasting the police resources on this?
The police aren't going do waste any resources on this, other than answering the phone when he calls. And Uber won't stop him from continuing. His actions cost Uber nothing and they still may get a dolkar or two off him

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Hey man Eduardo just having fun. He trying to get across the water.:p

Oh I shouldn't but hell I am not driving anyway. Ok I know CL very well. It use to be my stomping grounds.
For the one's needing to know. Kemah last year ticketed some driver's. Mostly for parking in illegal spots near and around the Boardwalk. I never had issues do to I always went "stealth" mode. Never had the dress in the window. Always used a parking spot. Never used hazards. And never ever sat in the City Limits waiting for pings.
Kemah isn't downtown Houston. That means no ARA so no need to worry about your U. It is ran much like Galveston.
Kemah's taxi laws state as long as you are licensed in Harris or Galveston County with a municipality over 50k in population. You can pickup in Kemah. ***AS long AS you register with the Chief of Police.

Well to no end I never got anywhere with this rule. Since most in Kemah's City Hal have no clue. But 2 cops told me directly. We aren't suppose to be picking up in Kemah but they aren't looking to hard either.

This was last year and hope they just let it be this year. Be smart and don't be waiting around the Boardwalk. Geez they want paying customers not a bunch clowns asking for $0.87.:p:D

Also fyi the money in CL isn't with Kemah. I made more.....well I can't give all the info away.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
63,036 Posts
Last weekend the mysterious rider in Seabrook, Kemah, Bacliff that would fake request rides then cancel repeatedly has been reported to Uber and Police. His name is Eduardo. Drivers heads up if you get one of his requests/cancellations.

I reported him on all cancellations and Uber decided to filter him out so he can't request me anymore. Going to test that. Also, they messaged me saying they're disabling his app. Well....I need lab rats to test that...lol.
They get 2 chances.
Cancel once ,I hang around.
Often I get ping to same request.
Cancel twice.App. gets shut down
I take a cigarette break.
Started this when rider cancelations used to count against us.
Have even had them call after canceling twice.

Not playing games with them.2 strikes they out of there !

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I have no problem picking up pax at Seabrook. Kemah is kinda different story.
Have you contacted the Permits office in Seabrook? That would be the correct source of information FYI.
Call the City of Conroe Permits Office..Guess what You need a permit (that we can't get) to DROP OFF OR PICK UP in the Conroe City limits, and that includes near 242.

That would be my suggestion.

RC

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I may be missing something, but why are you wasting the police resources on this?
Eduardo was standing across the street from police station at a wedding reception or something. I wanted him to see me go in. As soon as he saw me go in he took off in a grey truck. One of the staff at police went outside to request a ride with her uber app to see if he was a suspect that they were looking for earlier for another complaint.

Fake ride requests is the equivalent to fake pizza orders. Calling a business on criminal mischief intent is also theft of service. And since its on a electronic platform a federal offense could apply.

So not sure why you thought this was a waste of police resources? Since crimes in Kemah were committed by punks using Uber requests.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cowboyup Thanks for the heads up.
Are you aware Uber drivers can be fined picking up in Kemah for sure and possibly some of those other places.
Search the forum for Kemah.

As for the response from Uber that is a standard response.

Good Luck out there

RC
Thanks RC for the info. So far I haven't had a reason for them to hit me up with a transgression. I parked at a convenience store I think on 6th street on 4th of July for a ride request. An officer was a foot from my front bumper and saw two people get into my Uber chariot. He noticed my tnc sticker (I wasn't using my uber bat signal) and looked the other way. Behind me were two police cruisers parked. They were barricading Kemah Boardwalk off from public since it was full. I had several requests that night for Kemah. I think for the PoPo it depends if you mind your P's and Q's. There were a lot of people. And I don't think police that night minded if we help them clear out the traffic.

I never park inside Kemah Boardwalk. Also, I had a police officer run my plates after I picked up two drunks from pub. He moved on once he noticed I'm Uber duper guy. Not saying that were are immune to laws and ordinances. I think it depends on circumstances on holidays and public events.

Also, I was trying to google for said ordinance and taxi permits for Kemah. No such luck.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Thanks RC for the info. So far I haven't had a reason for them to hit me up with a transgression. I parked at a convenience store I think on 6th street on 4th of July for a ride request. An officer was a foot from my front bumper and saw two people get into my Uber chariot. He noticed my tnc sticker (I wasn't using my uber bat signal) and looked the other way. Behind me were two police cruisers parked. They were barricading Kemah Boardwalk off from public since it was full. I had several requests that night for Kemah. I think for the PoPo it depends if you mind your P's and Q's. There were a lot of people. And I don't think police that night minded if we help them clear out the traffic.

I never park inside Kemah Boardwalk. Also, I had a police officer run my plates after I picked up two drunks from pub. He moved on once he noticed I'm Uber duper guy. Not saying that were are immune to laws and ordinances. I think it depends on circumstances on holidays and public events.

Also, I was trying to google for said ordinance and taxi permits for Kemah. No such luck.
Most cops don't care to write up tickets for an Uber operating illegally. This usually falls on city enforcement. Of course, it all depends on the cop you get.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Your kidding me! One more reason why I only do AP pu's if its beyond dead.
Yeah, sitting at the airport for a couple of hours for a low rate ride is a pretty good waste of one's time. Cruising downtown will make at least twice the money.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts