Uber Drivers Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
OK, so I've had a few situations where the Address on GPS doesn't match the actual street address.

I'm not talking about a few meters, rather I'm talking about over 1km off!!

Prime examples:
  • 819 Kenedy Rd, Scarborough (Near Eglinton) shows the Pin to be at North West Corner of Kennedy/Lawrence (Petro Canada). On Google Maps, its actually the building marked as 815 Kennedy Rd.
  • Orton Park Rd. is also a strange place... The Townhouses Numbers on the North end (Near Ellesmere) will match instead of the actual street numbers, on the south end near Lawrence.
Anyone else have examples to List?

--------- SNIP --------- Below is submitted by others.

Addresses provided by others:
  • 1095 Bathurst Street.
  • 75 queen wharf.
  • 66 forest manor Rd. Sometimes shows on Don Mills, instead of driveway off Forest Manor Rd. (Don Mills/Sheppard).
  • 8 /10 /12 / 14 Sometime shows on Lakeshore, but entrance in behind.
  • 75 Church St. Google Map shows it at Bloor and Church. The actual location is King and Church, 2.4km away.
  • Phoenix Concert Theatre, 410 Sherbourne St, Google map and Wares always direct me to Marybeth Ave., just behind the theatre but not accessible.
  • 2034 Kingston Rd puts you east of Markham Rd. When it's actually just east of Birchmount Rd.
  • royal canadian military institute. 426 university ave. Maps show back door usually, on Simcoe instead of University.
2827 kingston Road is atleast 3 km away from original location. I notified google map 2 times but the problem is still there.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
OK, so I've had a few situations where the Address on GPS doesn't match the actual street address.

Prime examples:
  • 819 Kenedy Rd, Scarborough (Near Eglinton) shows the Pin to be at North West Corner of Kennedy/Lawrence (Petro Canada). On Google Maps, its actually the building marked as 815 Kennedy Rd.
  • Orton Park Rd. is also a strange place... The Townhouses Numbers on the North end (Near Ellesmere) will match instead of the actual street numbers, on the south end near Lawrence.

• 1095 Bathurst Street.
  • 75 queen wharf.
  • 66 forest manor Rd. Sometimes shows on Don Mills, instead of driveway off Forest Manor Rd. (Don Mills/Sheppard).
  • 75 Church St. Google Map shows it at Bloor and Church. The actual location is King and Church, 2.4km away.
  • Phoenix Concert Theatre, 410 Sherbourne St, Google map and Wares always direct me to Marybeth Ave., just behind the theatre but not accessible.
  • 2034 Kingston Rd puts you east of Markham Rd. When it's actually just east of Birchmount Rd.
  • royal canadian military institute. 426 university ave. Maps show back door usually, on Simcoe instead of University.
  • 2827 kingston Road is atleast 3 km away from original location.
You sometimes have to use the Force...Luke..use th Force!

Prime examples:

• 1095 Bathurst Street.
  • 75 queen wharf.
  • 2827 kingston Road is atleast 3 km away from original location.
Hi, UberZF. So late reply for you. ^0^ You can use yahoo map in these case.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Hi, UberZF. So late reply for you. ^0^ You can use yahoo map in these case.
you are Kidding Right? Yahoo (Malware infested) Maps?
And seems The APP only recognized Google & Waze...

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Problem is, its coming from City provided data... so it gets overwritten...
I've done it via Google & Waze a few times. They get fixed temporarily, then go back to the old.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.