Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, so I've had a few situations where the Address on GPS doesn't match the actual street address.

I'm not talking about a few meters, rather I'm talking about over 1km off!!

Prime examples:
  • 819 Kenedy Rd, Scarborough (Near Eglinton) shows the Pin to be at North West Corner of Kennedy/Lawrence (Petro Canada). On Google Maps, its actually the building marked as 815 Kennedy Rd.
  • Orton Park Rd. is also a strange place... The Townhouses Numbers on the North end (Near Ellesmere) will match instead of the actual street numbers, on the south end near Lawrence.
Anyone else have examples to List?

--------- SNIP --------- Below is submitted by others.

Addresses provided by others:
  • 1095 Bathurst Street.
  • 75 queen wharf.
  • 66 forest manor Rd. Sometimes shows on Don Mills, instead of driveway off Forest Manor Rd. (Don Mills/Sheppard).
  • 8 /10 /12 / 14 Sometime shows on Lakeshore, but entrance in behind.
  • 75 Church St. Google Map shows it at Bloor and Church. The actual location is King and Church, 2.4km away.
  • Phoenix Concert Theatre, 410 Sherbourne St, Google map and Wares always direct me to Marybeth Ave., just behind the theatre but not accessible.
  • 2034 Kingston Rd puts you east of Markham Rd. When it's actually just east of Birchmount Rd.
  • royal canadian military institute. 426 university ave. Maps show back door usually, on Simcoe instead of University.
  • 2827 kingston Road is atleast 3 km away from original location.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I have issues with waze taking me to the back of buildings. Evergreen brick works building on waze is the worse. It'll take you to the back where the residential area is and it'll take you over 2km to drive back to the front.

·
Premium Member
7,181 Posts
I have issues with waze taking me to the back of buildings. Evergreen brick works building on waze is the worse. It'll take you to the back where the residential area is and it'll take you over 2km to drive back to the front.
Its not waze , when rider order uber using pin option they are at the back of the building, rider should put the address rather than the pin

·
Premium Member
8,677 Posts
I've had plenty of times that an address won't appear as valid on waze, only to follow pax directions and arrive at a 40 storey condo with the exact address I tried to enter.

Waze is cool, but it can get goofy at times in terms of the routes it gives you as well.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
OK, so I've had a few situations where the Address on GPS doesn't match the actual street address.

Prime examples:
  • 819 Kenedy Rd, Scarborough (Near Eglinton) shows the Pin to be at North West Corner of Kennedy/Lawrence (Petro Canada). On Google Maps, its actually the building marked as 815 Kennedy Rd.
  • Orton Park Rd. is also a strange place... The Townhouses Numbers on the North end (Near Ellesmere) will match instead of the actual street numbers, on the south end near Lawrence.
Lol i had that 819 Kennedy on Saturday night....girl said her last uber driver was giving her crap saying she didnt know where her own building was

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its not waze , when rider order uber using pin option they are at the back of the building, rider should put the address rather than the pin
Harry, Put those addresses manually into Google Maps or Waze... Same result... Not where they should be. The problem is with Google Maps, and that same issue seems to affect Uber App, and WAZE too.

All addresses in the past that were like that are consistent across multiple Mapping tools. - Which makes me think it may be bad data from Municipal records.

Lol i had that 819 Kennedy on Saturday night....girl said her last uber driver was giving her crap saying she didnt know where her own building was
I had same issue, and spoke to girl, she said she was in a building. I thought it was the cabbie in the Gas station trolling me, until I noticed a 991 Kenedy was South of Lawrence!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Search 1095 bathrust street on Google Maps, the location is 1min away from original place
Thanks

I've updated the main post.

Anyone else with an example. Post it please, and I'll update Post #1

·
Premium Member
7,181 Posts
Thanks

I've updated the main post.

Anyone else with an example. Post it please, and I'll update Post #1
75 queen wharf.
King edward hotel
60 65 70 110 forest manor north york , some other building in forst manor
8 - 14 york
Dt airport

There are couple of addresses dt , i m used to most of them

·
Premium Member
2,766 Posts
75 Church St. Google Map shows it at Bloor and Church. The actual location is King and Church, 2.4km away.

Phoenix Concert Theatre, 410 Sherbourne St, Google map and Wares always direct me to Marybeth Ave., just behind the theatre but not accessible.

·
Registered
97 Posts
75 Church St. Google Map shows it at Bloor and Church. The actual location is King and Church, 2.4km away.

Phoenix Concert Theatre, 410 Sherbourne St, Google map and Wares always direct me to Marybeth Ave., just behind the theatre but not accessible.
That happened to me once as well. You end up in an tight lane way with a bunch of small townhouses leading to a dead end ....

·
Registered
417 Posts

Prime examples:

Addresses provided by others:
  • 1095 Bathurst Street.
Google map revised it. 819 kennedy Rd. shows the pin as around 815 kennedy Rd. side.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
75 queen wharf.
Yep, I've had that one before, Added

King edward hotel
This one is strange, depends on address... - so not really adding it. We should know the major Hotels.

60 65 70 110 forest manor north york , some other building in forst manor
All of these are OK, and properly shown, on 66 can be screwy at times. (See below by babaganoosh

8 - 14 york
Yeah, I've had that one too

Dt airport
Again.. Airports are strange, but all drivers should know them. (And the terminals).

Yeah, I've had that one too

Good one. Forgot about that.

66 Forest Manor Rd. Puts you on Don Mills.
Yeah, that one sometimes shows on DM.. becase where building is... b

2034 Kingston Rd puts you east of Markham Rd. When it's actually just east of Birchmount Rd.
Good one.. Will add this as well.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Another example is royal canadian military institute. Its on 426 university ave. Ive picked up pax a couple of times from there. For some reason, GMaps tells you stop on the backside of the building on simcoe st. There you just have to use your own common sense and instead go to university ave and stop outside the front side of the institute.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Another example is royal canadian military institute. Its on 426 university ave. Ive picked up pax a couple of times from there. For some reason, GMaps tells you stop on the backside of the building on simcoe st. There you just have to use your own common sense and instead go to university ave and stop outside the front side of the institute.
Depends where PAX were at time of Ping I find... And there are 2 doors. I've been asked to pickup at the back before.. but always refused due the area, just tell them to come to front door.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts