Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
The next 2.5 weeks you drivers should rest up as you have been working massive hours building up your bank balance.
Its also a great time to replace those bald hand groved tyres, get the car fully serviced and detailed etc. Don't forget to stock up those mints and water.
You are right about them tyres. When I'm at the nest, I happened have to noticed a lot of cars with illegal tyres! It amazes me when ants or any other drivers don't take this seriously.

·
Premium Member
3,366 Posts
The next 2.5 weeks you drivers should rest up as you have been working massive hours building up your bank balance.
Its also a great time to replace those bald hand groved tyres, get the car fully serviced and detailed etc. Don't forget to stock up those mints and water.
Had my service including tyre check on Monday, so all good to go!!

3,585 Posts
Had my service including tyre check on Monday, so all good to go!!
Buy nearly new secondhand hand D-RIVER. I just bought 96% set of 4 Michelin's for $350. RRP is $285ea
Send me your tyre size and I'll hunt up a set of premium $250ea tyres for less than $100ea. Don't drive on crap tyres this winter.
PS: what's a tyre check? Do they look at them? Is that it?

TOTAL RUBBISH... everybody's wear and tear is different it just depends how long they've been driving for and if they're part time or full time
Plus rotation and alignment...

Dude, having safe tyre is important. What's wrong with that?
I hope I never get you as a driver.
I deviated from my traditional go to tyre brands/model as I bought 7 tyres last year for $70 all 215/60/16 Included were two new Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance which I put on the back to accompany the fresh (90% when bought) Conti Contact CC5's on the front. The contis have been good but the alignment on front left was left unfixed (turned out to be at 4degrees toe when spec was .4) so the shoulder was chopped out in 15,000ks. The contis are grippy but there's not much feel in them - they feel wooly even though they hang on well. A good test for any tyre on the fronts is the Bolte Bridge entry corkscrew northbound. It's fairly progressive but tightens slightly about 200 metres from the exit, so you can load the front end and press on a bit to see what the tyre does under pressure. The benchmark is to leave cruise on 83ks, doing the corkscrew without touching the pedals in the wet.
I'm swpping the fronts out with 2 of the recently acquired Michies just in time for the annual inspection. I liked the Efficient Grips at the start but theyre down to about 60% now and have started to lose their grippy feeling. The wet Saturday two weekends ago exposed them a bit. I bought another set of 99% Michies for my SUV last year and just put them on and they have transformed the Santa Fe. They grip awesome, very quiet but the big surprise was the ride improvement. Plus Michies wear very well if u maintain a tight alignment/rotation schedule. 80,000ks is achievable. Don't let your mechanic put Wing-Wong tyres on your ride. The mechanics wouldn't put them on their own vehicles so why would you? Also a good suspension test is the Power St offramp into Southbank - there's a dip halfway through the downhill left-hander - if your cars suspension isn't right it will misbehave through there.

·
Premium Member
3,366 Posts
Buy nearly new secondhand hand D-RIVER. I just bought 96% set of 4 Michelin's for $350. RRP is $285ea
Send me your tyre size and I'll hunt up a set of premium $250ea tyres for less than $100ea. Don't drive on crap tyres this winter.
PS: what's a tyre check? Do they look at them? Is that it?

Plus rotation and alignment...

I deviated from my traditional go to tyre brands/model as I bought 7 tyres last year for $70 all 215/60/16 Included were two new Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance which I put on the back to accompany the fresh (90% when bought) Conti Contact CC5's on the front. The contis have been good but the alignment on front left was left unfixed (turned out to be at 4degrees toe when spec was .4) so the shoulder was chopped out in 15,000ks. The contis are grippy but there's not much feel in them - they feel wooly even though they hang on well. A good test for any tyre on the fronts is the Bolte Bridge entry corkscrew northbound. It's fairly progressive but tightens slightly about 200 metres from the exit, so you can load the front end and press on a bit to see what the tyre does under pressure. The benchmark is to leave cruise on 83ks, doing the corkscrew without touching the pedals in the wet.
I'm swpping the fronts out with 2 of the recently acquired Michies just in time for the annual inspection. I liked the Efficient Grips at the start but theyre down to about 60% now and have started to lose their grippy feeling. The wet Saturday two weekends ago exposed them a bit. I bought another set of 99% Michies for my SUV last year and just put them on and they have transformed the Santa Fe. They grip awesome, very quiet but the big surprise was the ride improvement. Plus Michies wear very well if u maintain a tight alignment/rotation schedule. 80,000ks is achievable. Don't let your mechanic put Wing-Wong tyres on your ride. The mechanics wouldn't put them on their own vehicles so why would you? Also a good suspension test is the Power St offramp into Southbank - there's a dip halfway through the downhill left-hander - if your cars suspension isn't right it will misbehave through there.
Thanks Mate, but being a Rental car, they supply and change the tyre if needed. So there's another saving for me.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.