Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when the ping shows scheduled ride, does it affect your decision to take the ride or not?

For me, if it’s not on my target surge price, I could careless if it’s a scheduled ride. I ‘no thank you’ that baby straight back to purgatory.

Uber raised uberx rates but not uberXL rates. When they lowered the rates they lowered x and xl together. But they’re not raising them back up together. Uberx making more than xl with these 1.7x -2x boost zones that only x cars get.

As far as I’m concerned, they can either give me 1.5XL or they can take an suv for $4.25 a mile.

Lyft power zones are for all levels. Uber has always been a little slow when it comes to cognitive functions.

·
Registered
6,830 Posts
when the ping shows scheduled ride, does it affect your decision to take the ride or not?

For me, if it's not on my target surge price, I could careless if it's a scheduled ride. I 'no thank you' that baby straight back to purgatory.

Uber raised uberx rates but not uberXL rates. When they lowered the rates they lowered x and xl together. But they're not raising them back up together. Uberx making more than xl with these 1.7x -2x boost zones that only x cars get.

As far as I'm concerned, they can either give me 1.5XL or they can take an suv for $4.25 a mile.

Lyft power zones are for all levels. Uber has always been a little slow when it comes to cognitive functions.
Surges up scheduled ride means to pax pats base and uber eats the difference

·
Registered
260 Posts
What does Uber pay for 'no shows' on scheduled rides?

Yesterday, I accepted someone else's scheduled ride (on Lyft) since it was just a block away. Pax 'no show' paid $10. Now, I'm $10 less poor.

·
Premium Member
3,099 Posts
I only do base lyft plus 45+. I won't do an Uber XL hase even if it's 45+. Uber commission is 28% on XL. Lyft is only 20% on plus. Uber can suck it. That 8% adds up fast.
I only do base lyft plus 45+. I won't do an Uber XL hase even if it's 45+. Uber commission is 28% on XL. Lyft is only 20% on plus. Uber can suck it. That 8% adds up fast.
Same situation here. Although I will take either one when I'm trying to get out of the boonies into civilization. However I feel dirty when I realize I'm the only Plus/XL vehicle in the area and wonder if the pax would've ordered me on LuxSUV with no other option. Remember that an UberXl is 90% if what a Lyft Plus fare is assuming same multiplier

Wow, not a good idea for Uber. I'll just schedule a ride for 15 minutes from when I want to leave. Get my base on.
They try to placate the pax like this until they get tired of subsidizing, then they try dumping the ride at base even if it's in a surge area.

I accepted such a ride yesterday on base XL even though there was a light surge, as it was from a nice hotel and figured it was going to LAX. Got Fubered into taking 7 rich pax to dinner 2 miles away for no tip instead.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.