Uber Drivers Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
You may have a market feature not available here. In this market, we are paid for actual miles and minutes.
pax are quoted prices, subject to change.

all of this starts with an inefficient route design used to construct the pax price quote.
In my market (Phoenix) there is a new feature called "exact fare" rides which you agree to accept at the quoted price in the ping. You get no long pickup fee, surge or time and distance. When you review the ride their is no time and mileage posted, only the fare, Ubers service fee and your cut. They are doing this on scheduled rides in our market for riders to avoid surge and to screw drivers out of surge, long hauling etc.

So you really have to watch the pings when it is surging to avoid these rides. You also have the ability to turn off exact fare rides if you choose.

That's why the other poster brought up scheduled rides for his area.

·
12,242 Posts
Scheduled rides with a quoted fare amount, are supposed to pay out exactly that. Time and mileage have nothing to do with it. If you get held up in traffic they don't pay you anything extra. so if you take a shorter route you should not be paid anything less. The first couple rides I got shorted on were only by a dollar or two. I thought I was just not paying close enough attention to the incoming request. However the last one I took, shorted me by $9. For the first time ever I was not able to get through to Uber support either. Haven't accepted a scheduled ride since.

·
Premium Member
22,854 Posts
Honestly when I heard Scheduled Rides/Reservations don't have Surge that killed them for me.

·
Premium Member
22,854 Posts
No surge, plus you have to be online 40 minutes early with no compensation.
giphy-13.gif

You're kidding right?

Usually it's Lyft that takes an Uber idea and makes it worse. This is the rare opposite.

Reactions: TobyD

·
Premium Member
2,839 Posts
In my market (Phoenix) there is a new feature called "exact fare" rides which you agree to accept at the quoted price in the ping. You get no long pickup fee, surge or time and distance. When you review the ride their is no time and mileage posted, only the fare, Ubers service fee and your cut. They are doing this on scheduled rides in our market for riders to avoid surge and to screw drivers out of surge, long hauling etc.

So you really have to watch the pings when it is surging to avoid these rides. You also have the ability to turn off exact fare rides if you choose.

I thought the “exact fare” trip was used primarily for 3rd party rides (doctors, car dealers, vaccine appt, etc)

·
Premium Member
2,839 Posts
Uber is making it more and more difficult to compare cross market rates in performance.

Scheduled rides
Scheduled quoted rides
Reservations
Quoted rides

All of these are different. I try to qualify my comments with (here in Boston, or, in this market) to help prevent conflating discussions.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
took my 1st scheduled ride quoted 54 paid 52, not worth it to go back n forth with "support" 1000 times oh well they lied again so will accept all reservations let them cancel it and hopefully find someone else since thats the only way to remove the feature
Actually just go to ride preferences and turn off the exact fare rides. It will stop these requests.

·
Premium Member
5,407 Posts
Routing has nothing to do with their new scheduled rides feature. The quoted price is what the driver receives unless there was a change in destination. I have no idea why your payment would not match the quote.
We get paid for what we drive.
That's why waze would pay less.
I'm not a fan of longhauling.

·
Premium Member
5,407 Posts
Actual fare rides are not based on time and distance. They are a flat amount for the ride regardless of time and distance. So impossible to long haul those.
I never heard of an actual fare ride.
Is that the one where the show you a dollar amount and then screw you out of the surge?
If it is I stand corrected
IVE HAD ONE!
They can shove those right up they're keesters

·
12,242 Posts
Actually just go to ride preferences and turn off the exact fare rides. It will stop these requests.
In my market we don't have that option, unfortunately. I think every driver wish we did though!

I never heard of an actual fare ride.
Is that the one where the show you a dollar amount and then screw you out of the surge?
If it is I stand corrected
IVE HAD ONE!
They can shove those right up they're keesters
that would be it. I think here in my market they call it Reserved Rides though. You get a they quoted amount presented to you to accept or decline but either way you lose any surge you have attached. The quoted there's supposed to be the quoted amount you get paid regardless. however the few times I did accept one, I was paid less than the quoted amount 🤷‍♀️

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
In my market we don't have that option, unfortunately. I think every driver wish we did though!
So you don't have the screen that lists Uber X, Uber Pet, Deliveries etc? Exact fares is on that screen. You can opt out just like the others. It's how they justify paying you a flat rate... you technically have to "opt in".

·
12,242 Posts
So you don't have the screen that lists Uber X, Uber Pet, Deliveries etc? Exact fares is on that screen. You can opt out just like the others. It's how they justify paying you a flat rate... you technically have to "opt in".
Nope all I have is uberX and XL. They send the reservations through as they would any request only they have an exact dollar amount we will be paid that shows up on the incoming request. Whether we accept those requests or deny them we lose any surge that we have attached at the time. Very very frustrating when you're sitting on a $20 surge for 2 hours only then to have a reservation request come through and knock it out

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Nope all I have is uberX and XL. They send the reservations through as they would any request only they have an exact dollar amount we will be paid that shows up on the incoming request. Whether we accept those requests or deny them we lose any surge that we have attached at the time. Very very frustrating when you're sitting on a $20 surge for 2 hours only then to have a reservation request come through and knock it out
Sounds like you are missing Uber Pet and Deliveries as well. That sucks.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts