Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Ok, so I can’t say this applies to you, but one possibility the routing.

Uber quotes upfront pricing and driver pay estimates using an inefficient route. The pax price is fixed. When a driver uses Waze, for example, they are often taking small pay cuts.

I have some screen shots of obvious examples of Uber exploiting the driver’s efficiency.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Uber quotes upfront pricing and driver pay estimates using an inefficient route. The pax price is fixed. When a driver uses Waze, for example, they are often taking small pay cuts.

I have some screen shots of obvious examples of Uber exploiting the driver’s efficiency.
Hmmm...interesting theory. Seems that the quote should be the minimum amount paid though (allowing for additional for long wait times Or unscheduled stops by the rider, etc.).

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts

there is no reason to leave the main road on this trip.

·
Premium Member
11,335 Posts

Routing is always key in increasing a drivers Profit Margin.

One sunny Thursday one of my homies and I were chillling at our usual fishing hole. He got the XL ping about 30 minutes before the meeting should let out. We conferred and he took it. PING XL for me too, out of the same door.

Not meeting participants but rather a large group of Chinese businessmen. We load up, and they are heading for a well known Restaurant on Crapitall Hill instead of Sea tac . He went straight down I-5 to get there. I took 405 and across 520.

We arrived within a minute of each other. As I pulled up I saw his first passenger climbing out of his Highlander. I was paid $87.31 including a $3.50 toll. He was paid $75.23 with no toll. Same ride, same time.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Routing is always key in increasing a drivers Profit Margin.

One sunny Thursday one of my homies and I were chillling at our usual fishing hole. He got the XL ping about 30 minutes before the meeting should let out. We conferred and he took it. PING XL for me too, out of the same door.

Not meeting participants but rather a large group of Chinese businessmen. We load up, and they are heading for a well known Restaurant on Crapitall Hill instead of Sea tac . He went straight down I-5 to get there. I took 405 and across 520.

We arrived within a minute of each other. As I pulled up I saw his first passenger climbing out of his Highlander. I was paid $87.31 including a $3.50 toll. He was paid $75.23 with no toll. Same ride, same time.
Boston is laid out to allow for long hauling also, but we are talking about how Uber exploits driver efficiency.
imagine following the Uber route without deviation every time. I guarantee you will have some seriously unhappy pax, and here in Boston, verbal confrontations over navigation.
‘when you succumb to the pax wishes, you pay is likely cut because the pax eliminated Uber’s designed inefficiency.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Routing has nothing to do with their new scheduled rides feature. The quoted price is what the driver receives unless there was a change in destination. I have no idea why your payment would not match the quote.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Routing has nothing to do with their new scheduled rides feature. The quoted price is what the driver receives unless there was a change in destination. I have no idea why your payment would not match the quote.
I appreciate I may not have explained this very well. Just take a look at the screen shots showing the route Uber quoted. What do you think the impact is when a driver skips the unnecessary travel?

That should help.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
I appreciate I may not have explained this very well. Just take a look at the screen shots showing the route Uber quoted. What do you think the impact is when a driver skips the unnecessary travel?

That should help.
On regular rides your route absolutely determines your pay but not on the new scheduled rides platform. That's the way I understand it anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Scheduled has nothing to do with this.
You may have a market feature not available here. In this market, we are paid for actual miles and minutes.
pax are quoted prices, subject to change.

all of this starts with an inefficient route design used to construct the pax price quote.

·
Premium Member
2013 Toyota Prius
2,860 Posts
On the few scheduled rides I've taken, I've always received more than the up front offer. Usually $2-$3 or so.
I'll continue to take the ones that make me wait 5 minutes or less

1 - 20 of 40 Posts