Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can pax do this? I grabbed a scheduled Lyft trip 10pm tomorrow and the pickup appears to be at Gateway, but pickup address says "location unavailable ". Map looks like the airport.

·
Premium Member
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm still deciding if I want the trip. I don't drive nights, it's a 10 pm pickup, over to Phoenix, then home to Gilbert. And I'm driving to Tucson on Saturday.

The wait at AZA paid off with a $52 trip to the north end of Scottsdale. :)

But another oddity at AZA. Apparently pax can cancel through drivers until they get the vehicle they want in the queue. I had 1 car ahead of me. I get pinged by John. Before I could accept, he cancels it and my app reverts to showing 1 car still ahead of me. 30 seconds later a small SUV drives out towards the terminal. 5 min later app still says 1 car ahead of me. Apparently he rejected the 1st 2 cars in line to get his preferred vehicle. Not loving that, but I scored a few min later!

Purple Rectangle Slope Font Parallel

·
Registered
93 Posts
I dropped off today at Mesa Gateway and there were 16 people waiting in the lot for 1 flight coming in. How much demand is there for lyft per arrival? I was there one time and each flight only had 6 or so request. Oh yea I took down my uber and lyft sticker and my phone holder. Figure it would look suspicious if I went in with a lyft sticker and a square imprint below it..... lame

·
Premium Member
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AZA is very hit and miss. Generally too many drivers showing up way too early for too few rides.

I got there 45 min early this morning but 2 flights were landing 5 min apart. Zero trips from Idaho Falls and Billings MT arrivals. For anyone.

2 more were coming in 30 min later so I stuck around at #3 in Q. Got a $52 trip. Very unpredictable.

·
Premium Member
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The wait at AZA paid off with a $52 trip to the north end of Scottsdale. :)
Of course DF back to Gilbert got me nothing and couldn't HOV. I switch off DF in gilbert and get a 1.2X Uber back to f'n Scottsdale! Crap, I'm wanting to be done, and it's rush hour. He was nice about it anyway, in the car as I explained I didn't have time to go back there again. Would have been decent $.

·
Premium Member
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Support has confirmed the pickup is at baggage claim. Waiting for confirmation whether or not the airport queue function is going to override the Scheduled rides function. And waste my time.

·
Premium Member
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lyft support is telling me I need to NOT go in the queue, in order to get the request. So I need to park over on Power/Ray and wait for it.

I can see getting screwed over on this if the arrival is early or late. If early enough they could cancel the Scheduled ride and do a normal request, and I won't get it. If they are late, I could end up with a $10 No show fee. Better than nothing but not equal to the trip.

·
Premium Member
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Right now both flights that could be the source, are delayed enough that I'd get a no show fee. Of course both still have time to reschedule their pickup. I suspect I won't even end up leaving the house.

·
Premium Member
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well this sucked. I'm outside the queue area as Lyft instructed. Went o line 5 min beforehand. Few min later I get the text reminder to be online. I wait for the ping... that doesn't come. One minute before the 10pm pickup time Lyft texts me that the passenger cancelled. But the $10 fee isn't showing in the app. Great.

·
Premium Member
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Went back and forth with Twitter support last night and this morning. They finally issued a $10 bonus, not a cancel fee. They blame this on connectivity. No sh*t, the pax was probably in the air trying to cancel the ride, after a flight delay. I advised support that scheduled pickups at an airport baggage claim curb should not be allowed. Arrivals are way to unpredictable. Said they'd pass the suggestion on to their engineers...

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
I feel like an ass sometimes when I catch myself just mumbling to myself. Do you know anyone else who does this?

Reactions: just_me

·
Premium Member
4,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Crap, looks like I have another one. I've submitted another request to support to clarify the pickup location and how to actually do it.

Update: support won't tell me the pickup address, what the h3ll???

Rectangle Purple Slope Font Parallel

·
Registered
519 Posts
AZA used to be a good spot until the horde found out about it. 2-3 rides per flight is a good estimation so if there's a ton of people sitting there, don't waste your time.

There's errors with the queing system there so sometimes you'll get a ping even if you weren't the first in line. I know I've been sitting there waiting, I'll watch a driver pull in, and they'll get a ride before everyone else does.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
AZA used to be a good spot until the horde found out about it. 2-3 rides per flight is a good estimation so if there's a ton of people sitting there, don't waste your time.

There's errors with the queing system there so sometimes you'll get a ping even if you weren't the first in line. I know I've been sitting there waiting, I'll watch a driver pull in, and they'll get a ride before everyone else does.
Are you sure they are getting a ride? They could just be bailing on the queue. I've done that at AZA. Pull in, check the arrivals, say eff that and leave.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts