Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to make everyone aware that scammers are in force now. I had 2 rides that were accepted only to find out that it was a scammer.

I usually do not accept 2 minutes rides but twice this weekend the app auto accepted them. When arriving after drive 5 minutes to get there. I get a message saying **** UBER SUPPORT **** Contact Passenger. So I do. The person on the other end says they are from UBER Technologies Support which is a red flag. to me. I entrained him for about a minute. He said that they did it so they can verify my information at UBER. I been thru this before. I said it was not right and hung up. I proceeded in cancelling the ride. I took a hit on my acceptance rate but it was better than losing my money.

This happened 2 days in a row now.

Again, please be aware that Uber Support will never tell you to contact the passenger on the app. They will send an email explaining what they need from you

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
If I got a message that said call customer and the customer said they were from Uber support I’d be very wary.

The dead giveaway would be the clear sounding voice on the other end that sounds articulate and makes correct uses of words.

That’s when you know it’s not Uber support. The only time in the history of scammers does the scammer sound intelligent.

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts
Just wanted to make everyone aware that scammers are in force now. I had 2 rides that were accepted only to find out that it was a scammer.

I usually do not accept 2 minutes rides but twice this weekend the app auto accepted them. When arriving after drive 5 minutes to get there. I get a message saying **** UBER SUPPORT **** Contact Passenger. So I do. The person on the other end says they are from UBER Technologies Support which is a red flag. to me. I entrained him for about a minute. He said that they did it so they can verify my information at UBER. I been thru this before. I said it was not right and hung up. I proceeded in cancelling the ride. I took a hit on my acceptance rate but it was better than losing my money.

This happened 2 days in a row now.

Again, please be aware that Uber Support will never tell you to contact the passenger on the app. They will send an email explaining what they need from you
IIRC, if you notify Uber of the attempted scam, they will remove the cancel from your acceptance rate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts