Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People get in doors close I check destination ask all in get a chorus of affirmatives, we start rolling out of parking lot

Suddenly rear door opens and closes then rear right passenger starts raising a fuss that I supposedly hit his foot with car - all while IN car

I got 3 panoramic mirrors and my dome lights don't go off with open doors.... Guy in rear opens door once moving slowly, slams it, starts to act. Quite corny and wooden.

Denies offer of driving him to hospital or doctor,refuses anything that involves EXAMINING said foot, and shows NO interest in looking at it himself.also quits complaining after asked if he wants a doctor or what, and suddenly its "yeah you ran over my foot man, BUT JUST SLIGHTLY" and wanting to continue with friends to their destination and talking booze and video games along way

At drop off I check again, no to doctor, yes to okay, walks off with zero limp no indication of being in pain (actually none whatsoever in any point) AND STILL NO INTEREST IN CHECKING HIS SUPPOSEDLY HURT FOOT

...not knowing what to think, comment ride that some drunk pax hit himself in foot playing with door or something, and tried to make a fuss, or might just be yanking my chain cuz he tried to raise a stink but stopped immediately when asked if he was injured and needed medical attention, which he turned down repeatedly and after which he lost interest....3star em for messing around unnerving me and being strange and suspicious

They only rate at 24 hour cutoff, Lyft tells me they excluded their rating.

Over 48 hours later, Lyft Critical Support emails me that a passenger claims I was "in an accident" - and they want me to call Lyft Critical Support

Meanwhile, curiously, my account IS still active.... Does this mean they caught on to the scammy nature of this nonsense? Is it a misprint/form letter and they're actually following up my and solely my own comment?? Should I expect trouble with this?

Or does them declining medical assistance, not letting anyone examine or document anything, not calling cops, etc, and waiting as long as possible (to sober up? To make things vaguer and harder to prove in a word-vs-word case?) sorta signal to Lyft that they're just trying a long - shot shakedown???

·
Banned
3,693 Posts
It seems they tried to report u and tried to get "compensation" by ripping the system. By by reporting them first; you saved yourself. Now call critical hotline to get ur story to make sure it adds up with your report. Happened to me before.

This is why it's important to report these shady a-holes before they write a false report about u

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It seems they tried to report u and tried to get "compensation" by ripping the system. By by reporting them first; you saved yourself. Now call critical hotline to get ur story to make sure it adds up with your report. Happened to me before.

This is why it's important to report these shady a-holes before they write a false report about u
Was I correct to 3* ? My logic was that I didn't want to inadvertently SELF-escalate it to a critical report in case they gave up, or were only trying a long shot at a cash bribe for hush money or something

As to calling critical support, will they provide me with info on what's claimed?? Or will I, despite my position being that the incident is made up, have to essentially report on myself to them???

Should I acknowledge that he did at one point claim that his foot got run over, or say I'm 50/50 on whether its pure unadulterated BS or whether its a drunk kid who reclosed the door thinking it unlocked or something, and seemingly hit himself in the foot slamming it????

·
Registered
528 Posts
I think you're looking into it way too much. If some idiot pax claimed I ran over their foot, and I didn't, and I know they're lying, I would just kick them out for being disrespectful and trying to cause trouble. I'd cancel the trip so they can't rate me.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You should have ran over his mouth. Jk

Say he lying and kick him out. Then cancel ride and report his ars.
4 pax..."witnesses "

I figured if they wanna play it to destination, good for me, cause if they really try to run this to completion my best defense is gonna be "what the heck, ain't nobody gonna take a ride that injured them on pickup home to their destination anywayanyway"

Plus the other pax were *sorta* acting like they could care less and that this person shouldn't be taken seriously

PS lyft listens to cancels writing in to complain. I've had a couple never-in-car persons cause me some serious headaches before.... In fact they're the biggest source of written complaints.... Actually driving people I've had dismal a dismal week of destroyed rating before with no comments or complaints at all, whatsoever.

Also I wanted to observe and figure out what the heck just did/didn't happen

....know it wasn't a run over foot, cause,well, 265-wide 19in tires and 500 torque at the rear wheels = splatter, not whining... Also kinda hard to reach back so far from seat

Wanted to figure out if he managed to stick his foot out moving (well,crawling out of parking lot) vehicle and nicked his foot on a curb, knocked himself in foot with door, OR absolute nothing

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ambiguous 2k seems kinda low for your minor injury. You shoulda created more of a stink and gone after 20k for your "pain and suffering".
Well, good news next time something happends youll be better prepared to take full advantage of the situation and exploite it for all its worth.

·
Super Moderator
15,788 Posts
People get in doors close I check destination ask all in get a chorus of affirmatives, we start rolling out of parking lot

Suddenly rear door opens and closes then rear right passenger starts raising a fuss that I supposedly hit his foot with car - all while IN car

I got 3 panoramic mirrors and my dome lights don't go off with open doors.... Guy in rear opens door once moving slowly, slams it, starts to act. Quite corny and wooden.

Denies offer of driving him to hospital or doctor,refuses anything that involves EXAMINING said foot, and shows NO interest in looking at it himself.also quits complaining after asked if he wants a doctor or what, and suddenly its "yeah you ran over my foot man, BUT JUST SLIGHTLY" and wanting to continue with friends to their destination and talking booze and video games along way

At drop off I check again, no to doctor, yes to okay, walks off with zero limp no indication of being in pain (actually none whatsoever in any point) AND STILL NO INTEREST IN CHECKING HIS SUPPOSEDLY HURT FOOT

...not knowing what to think, comment ride that some drunk pax hit himself in foot playing with door or something, and tried to make a fuss, or might just be yanking my chain cuz he tried to raise a stink but stopped immediately when asked if he was injured and needed medical attention, which he turned down repeatedly and after which he lost interest....3star em for messing around unnerving me and being strange and suspicious

Over 48 hours later, Lyft Critical Support emails me that a passenger claims I was "in an accident" - and they want me to call Lyft Critical Support

Meanwhile, curiously, my account IS still active.... Does this mean they caught on to the scammy nature of this nonsense? Is it a misprint/form letter and they're actually following up my and solely my own comment?? Should I expect trouble with this?

Or does them declining medical assistance, not letting anyone examine or document anything, not calling cops, etc, and waiting as long as possible (to sober up? To make things vaguer and harder to prove in a word-vs-word case?) sorta signal to Lyft that they're just trying a long - shot shakedown???
I would have immediately parked the car and called 911.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Two words! DASH CAM! Once Pax know they are being recorded, all that nonsense Stops!!!
Agree.... Although, judging by his position in seat and actions,

1) he thought I had one and was activwly hiding from 'its' view
2) he didn't spot or understand the 3 aftermarket panoramic mirrors, and thus thought he was out of sightsight

·
Premium Member
5,963 Posts

It means that they want a free ride,and now they got.

·
Super Moderator
15,788 Posts
On myself? For something I deemed bogus??
No not on you, on the pax. You needed independent witnesses that could corroborate YOUR story. Your pax had three "witnesses" on his side. You had only yourself.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts