Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, I got a booking for a passenger named ""Barry" who placed A message on the app, for me to contact Uber support, and then gave me a non-uber number, out of GA. (687)540-1766. I made the call.. he used the information that is used on the app, for riders, to identify my vehicle and said he was from Uber support and that they were giving out bonus's to drivers in our area of $100.00. He asked for me to delete one of my cards, after canceling the ride with Barry, on my app. Once I did that, he asked me to enter in his credit card number of: 4143-9802-1215-4317, (I will Withhold the date of exp. and the code on the card). He said I had to dump my earnings onto the card and then the card would put the bonus and my money back onto the account. I went and dumped my income for the day, onto the Uber "Go" card, then told him I could not dump my account. After a few minutes, I told him That I was not interested in the Bonus, and he told me that Since I could not verify my account with him, he was going to permanently suspend my Uber Account.

I did make a call to Uber support and report this information to them, and am waiting for Security to call me, regarding this event. Be careful Everyone!

Again, TO REITERATE: This person is. Using the information on your vehicle, that is shared to riders when you accept a call, to try to use and verify that he was from Uber Support, but was not using a typical Uber Phone number. Also, when he answered the call, the normal Uber support information did not play on the line, nor did he initially answer the call as "UBER SUPPORT" until I asked him if this was Uber support.

·
Premium Member
8,683 Posts
he told me that Since I could not verify my account with him, he was going to permanently suspend my Uber Account.
You should have kept trolling "Barry" by begging him to do you a huge favor and suspend your Uber account. :geek:
I did make a call to Uber support and report this information to them, and am waiting for Security to call me, regarding this event.
Uber Support doesn't give a shit. Scams perpetrated on Uber drivers are relentless, beginning with Uber themselves. Thanks for sharing though!

·
12,328 Posts
This has been going on for as long as I remember but it's running rampid right now. I can't believe how many people actually fall for this. At the very least go collect your no show money. That way at least the ride is on record but hell you might as well become the ghost ride King

·
Premium Member
1,360 Posts
Any promo or situation that requires you to pay up front before you collect your bonus or earnings is an obvious scam. Like the time, I helped the prince of Nigeria with that Western Union so he could get early access to his fortune. He didn't share a dime with me!

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
Today, I got a booking for a passenger named ""Barry" who placed A message on the app, for me to contact Uber support, and then gave me a non-uber number, out of GA. (687)540-1766. I made the call.. he used the information that is used on the app, for riders, to identify my vehicle and said he was from Uber support and that they were giving out bonus's to drivers in our area of $100.00. He asked for me to delete one of my cards, after canceling the ride with Barry, on my app. Once I did that, he asked me to enter in his credit card number of: 4143-9802-1215-4317, (I will Withhold the date of exp. and the code on the card). He said I had to dump my earnings onto the card and then the card would put the bonus and my money back onto the account. I went and dumped my income for the day, onto the Uber "Go" card, then told him I could not dump my account. After a few minutes, I told him That I was not interested in the Bonus, and he told me that Since I could not verify my account with him, he was going to permanently suspend my Uber Account.

I did make a call to Uber support and report this information to them, and am waiting for Security to call me, regarding this event. Be careful Everyone!

Again, TO REITERATE: This person is. Using the information on your vehicle, that is shared to riders when you accept a call, to try to use and verify that he was from Uber Support, but was not using a typical Uber Phone number. Also, when he answered the call, the normal Uber support information did not play on the line, nor did he initially answer the call as "UBER SUPPORT" until I asked him if this was Uber support.
Be careful everyone? lol not everyone is a simpleton such as yourself! 🤦‍♂

·
Banned
7,360 Posts

I love calls like this, I keep asking them questions and questions and then more questions until they hand up on me.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
I had similar call, the pickup was literally 2 mins away. On arrival I did the courtesy I have arrived message. Immediately he calls and goes thru the bs. Once I realized it was a scammer I started his trip. He freaked out and started yelling at me. I was laughing the whole time. By this time I am on freeway and really gun it at 75 mph.

Meanwhile I am stalling him saying I am getting the info. Starts reading the card number, I keep telling him to repeat. He keeps getting frustrated. I tell him I am not very smart, that's y I drive uber. He was a bit understanding after that. So finally I take the exit and pullover. I am almost home and it's not much just 15$ on the fare and I finally say to him the cops were listening on the other line and thx for getting me home. He immediately hung up. How rude, didnt even say bye

1 - 20 of 35 Posts