Uber Drivers Forum banner

Do you feel safe driving without a dash cam?

• Yes

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Not Any More

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's face it, there are people out there who shouldn't be driving. Those people are going to be the same ones who cause an accident, blame you, and end up making you pay half or more. There are many great video streaming platforms which have channels dedicated to automotive dash cam incidents. They are chock-full of prime examples why dash cams are are a necessity for people who drive a lot and the videos. Look for videos in North America as they will be more prevalent than other countries. I bought a $50 dollar dash cam online and I got what I paid for: garbage. The dash cams shown on that channel are upwards of $150 to $500. I don't make enough to make that kind of investment.
The solution: Turn your phone into a dash cam. I bought a suction cup windshield phone mount. It holds the phone in landscape mode. I found out that Apple doesn't allow for background recording, so like I said, you get what you pay for. The camera runs in the background and loops the video. I have my settings set to delete my videos after 2gb of recording. I have a phone charger in my car that charges my phone so I don't waste battery.
The bottom line is that the more driving you do, the higher your chances of being in an automobile accident. With a dash cam, it is no longer "he said, she said". Additionally, you yourself are held accountable as well. I feel vulnerable and exposed driving for Grubhub without a camera. You should too. You work too hard to have some jackass drive up your insurance rates. Don't wait for the moment you wish you had a dash cam.

IMG_20181210_174504.jpg

1 - 1 of 1 Posts