Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am having an OK Saturday in OC and all the muscle cars are Cruzin. I decide to head up to Dewey for the bar close...big mistake. Now Dewey was fairly busy so I figured the surge would get to at least 3x. I see it gets over 2 at about 1:10AM and I put my DF on for Bethany....get nothing. All of a sudden the surge goes DOWN!!! First to 1.8 and then to 1.3 and then gone in about 3 minutes. So I said back down to OC (What a waste of time!!!) On my way out I get a ping and take 4 people with their cheese pizza down to a beach house in Bethany...about $20...no tip.

I get down to OC around 2AM and it is already surging a 2x. Put my DF back to Delaware and I get a 2.8x back to Bethany. That pays out about $54. Now 2 of the riders wanted to continue on to Dagsboro with a quick Wawa stop. I told them that is on my way home and had them re-request me from Bethany to Dagsboro.

So right before we pull into Wawa the young woman went barf in the back seat. I took 2 photos and submitted to Uber ... $150 cleaning fee paid... Cleaned most of it up in the Wawa parking lot. The ride from Bethany to Dagsboro also paid another $22.

That was the first barf I took photos of before I cleaned it up.

Not sure what the heck is going on in Dewey. I saw a ton of people leaving the bars yet the surge went off.

After dropping off in Dagsboro I headed home but I say OC still surging after 3AM. I also saw big surges in Stevensville (by the Bay Bridge) and Easton (4x and 5x).

·
Premium Member
3,660 Posts
Joe. Please tell me your kidding. I told you a million times now how they turned off the Dewey surge. I literally told and *****ed to you about this like every night last year! This is why you started working ocmd, too. Smh

Just went back to the forum from last year. Here:

https://uberpeople.net/threads/what-a-joke.181961/

https://uberpeople.net/threads/lol-cant-win-where-the-hell-is-the-surge.187270/

https://uberpeople.net/threads/another-joke-of-a-weekend.188877/

Just the FIRST 3 posts I found on uber not surging Dewey. I'm not even going down for Memorial Day.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Next weekend it will be insane down there....even in Delaware. All the college kids will be down. If it rains or cloudy they will be bar hopping early. The water temp is still in the 50s so it is not really beach or water sport weather yet.

Ocean City cracking down on the cruisers who love to do tire burnouts and race between lights. Saw tons of cars getting pulled over. They lowered the speed limit from 40 to 30. They are now putting up fencing between 60th and 40th streets to keep people from jaywalking.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I live in Newark and was going to head down to the beach maybe this Sunday (may 27th) I only drive for Lyft .. do you think it would be worth my time? I usually go to philly on the weekends but I'm torn between the two. Beach or Philly?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I only do Uber and I can say that I have done 2 memorial weekends and they were both worth it. The best day is Saturday by far Friday and Sunday are pretty good. Monday is okay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.