Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This gig is interesting. Sort of sucks you in... I bought into flex hours and quick cash. But the reality is, Uber has utter disdain for us as "partners"

In fact, their entire biz model is predicated on displaising us with machines. A good percentage of the pax are completely inconsiderate of the value and convenience we provide, and socially we rank somewhere around the status of garbage collectors (except) they get benefits and fair wages.

But it gets worse. More and more drivers are signing up... There will still be good days. But they'll be fewer and far between.

It's in Uber & Lyft's interest to have more supply than demand. What were once gross earnings of $40 per hour became $30 and are now headed for $20... which makes our net earnings... minimum wage.

AND I even have X & XL only accounts. This is not a complaint. Just an observation. Ants Everywhere.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Airport wait times are ruinous.
When I see 150 cars in the queue I say, "good 150 less lemmings on the road".

I hear what your saying overall but my experience with uber this summer is that I hit my earnings goal but have to drive more hours. I do calculate earnings per hour multiple times per day but untimely, for me, it's about what I've earned by the end of the week or month.

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
Uber & Lyft can increase rates without govt regulations. But the irony is that it would become more saturated if they did.
Maybe. If they start limiting driving time for people here it will be a game changer.

Those that work split shifts may have a big problem if the clock starts from when you first go online. It will make it much more difficult to cherry pick.

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
Why wouldn't they go with online time? I never shut the app off when i'm working unless i'm taking a break or a request from the other app.
I have no idea how it's calculated in other states that have limits, so I'm not sure what will happen.

What I am sure of, is that if MA is involved, it won't make sense to normal people and it will be a giant cluster****.

·
Registered
265 Posts
This gig is interesting. Sort of sucks you in... I bought into flex hours and quick cash. But the reality is, Uber has utter disdain for us as "partners"

In fact, their entire biz model is predicated on displaising us with machines. A good percentage of the pax are completely inconsiderate of the value and convenience we provide, and socially we rank somewhere around the status of garbage collectors (except) they get benefits and fair wages.

But it gets worse. More and more drivers are signing up... There will still be good days. But they'll be fewer and far between.

It's in Uber & Lyft's interest to have more supply than demand. What were once gross earnings of $40 per hour became $30 and are now headed for $20... which makes our net earnings... minimum wage.

AND I even have X & XL only accounts. This is not a complaint. Just an observation. Ants Everywhere.
I have been saying forever the issue with earnings is not rated but driver saturation. If you pay attention to these forums you will see there are a ton of drivers that could be culled from the system and there would be plenty of money to be made.

As far as PAX, it must be a regional thing because, for the most part, the PAX in my area are thankful for the service we provide and I get thanked / tipped al
Maybe. If they start limiting driving time for people here it will be a game changer.

Those that work split shifts may have a big problem if the clock starts from when you first go online. It will make it much more difficult to cherry pick.
Right because the problem is certainly the minority that work a lot of hours and not the 5 million drivers that come out when it used to surge and thus killing surges.

There are way too many drivers in most markets.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Get back to me in a month ;). Actually I've done just fine most of the summer. Yeah uber is getting slower but lyft is getting busier.
This happens every year in January and then again in June and July. Can people really not grasp that a population difference of 250,000 is going to make a difference, especially when that 250,000 makes up a big chunk of your general pax. Go back and look at threads in January. You would have thought the world ended, then February came around and surge was back, and better than I've seen in a long time. What I don't get is if your making less than 20 to 25 this time of year after ubers cut and gas, why are you even driving? Especially if you own the vehicle. If your lease or rent, and you don't have to worry about depreciation and maintenance costs, then ok I guess, but have fun with your taxes when you can't deduct the standard mileage because you can't take a deduction like that on a vehicle you don't own. Without being able to deduct my mileage to account for depreciation and wear and tear, I'd get smoked on my taxes. But with mileage deduction it makes it worth it. I'm willing to bet that the majority of drivers, especially ones that work during the day and during high traffic times, are losing money and don't even realize it. And for christs sake, stop staying online around the time a game or concert gets out! If all drivers would go offline, let the surge build a little, we would all benefit. But taking a non surge ride after a sox game is pure insanity. But keep doing it, and keep complaining your not making any money, and keep critizing anyone who does, or call people that are making money liars, instead of maybe taking the few suggestions the people that are making money are trying to give. I personally don't care to tell anyone what I make, where I work, or how I make it work for me, but the one thing I suggest is if working nights when there's events going on, realize the true power you have by being able to go online and offline whenever you want. We can't control demand but we can certainly control supply when we know demand is going to be high.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.