Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive always been hesitant to pick up a pax at the beach cuz im afraid they will get sand, sun tan lotion, etc. all in my car...is this an issue for anyone??

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Yes, they are dirty, dirty.. Especially now that they turned off the showers due to the drought.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Last summer I made the mistake of picking up a few beach goers who left me a car load of sand as a "Tip". I learned my lesson fast. Now I avoid the beaches during the day when possible. I'll drop off then move inland a bit. You kinda have to know the area you are in and avoid "pings" from certain locations. for instance if you end up in Malibu Area and get a ping from ocean side of PCH at Zuma beach on a sunny day I would skip it.;)
also it would be in your best interest to avoid the "Pool" rides that are coming from Malibu creek state park

·
Banned
1,435 Posts
Buy car seat covers. The ones from Costco .

If you want more protection like from spills and sweat , buy ballistic nylon covers, especially if u got kids

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I work the coast. Surfboards, boogie boards, flippers, bring it all. Showers still work in OC so if they make some effort...they still leave sand in the car, get the seats wet and have everybody standing there next to all thier crap in a big pile when I get there. That is so I can bid on transporting it. If I have to reconfigure the seats...$10... At least. They will never, ever tip at the beach, but they will pay to get thier sandy ez-up home. Even more for thier fancy bicycles. If the next pax ***** about sand...they get the one star. Yeah...my car is a little different than yours

1 - 8 of 8 Posts