Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI, I received notice from Uber yesterday that me and my vehicle had been selected by City of San Diego/Airport Authority for "random" check based on the last 4 digits of my license plate number. Uber asked permission to provide the City my info including background check info. Failure to provide/agree would mean no change to our partner relationship other than I could no longer pickup at airport. I provided approval and for some reason Uber came back and said I am going through another background check..don't think this is true as I have been driving for over a year and would think City would want to see an original check. Though it is interesting and just wanted to share with other drivers.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
I went through the same thing. But, I was waitlisted 2 days while they ran another background check. Had to summit two forms. They said they texted me; BS I never got it. So when I tried to log on I couldn't , consider yourself lucky.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My request and the two forms did come via text. Easy process actually and I did not have any issues signing on today. Not a good day business wise but that's part of the business. Two days seem pretty quick for a background check don't you think? Could have been longer.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't believe they threatened you!

I didn't feel threatened and don't think that was the intent. Remember, this is a request BY THE CITY/AIRPORT AUTHORITY and NOT Uber. I think the intent is to make sure(if possible) that Uber and other TNCs are doing what they say and can supply info on all drivers. I did not mind doing it as long as we all can continue to pick up at Airport. I don't know if failure to comply resulting in not picking up at Airport is an Uber thing or a City thing but I suspect it is the City also...failure to comply could mean a problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts