Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which area is more beneficial to drive at for a new Uber driver such as myself? I started 4 days ago and live in Covina...

·
Registered
771 Posts
Most of your rides will take you to DTLA or further west if not that then many short rides to the neighboring cities.

Downtown Covina (citrus ave) surges really well after the bars get out... Varies by night.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Woohoo someone from San Gabriel Valley! I actually prefer staying around here even though it might not actually surge just because DTLA is a drag due to the one way streets and the nature of uber riders to never wait for you curbside. I don't have time to circle while waiting for you to come down because there is obviously no place where I can pull over.

Pasadena is okay though, surges.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Woohoo someone from San Gabriel Valley! I actually prefer staying around here even though it might not actually surge just because DTLA is a drag due to the one way streets and the nature of uber riders to never wait for you curbside. I don't have time to circle while waiting for you to come down because there is obviously no place where I can pull over.

Exactly. I tried going to Downtown LA this weekend and I hated it for those exact reasons. Then i ended up all the way in sherman Oaks and had to drive all the way back home

·
Registered
373 Posts
I ended up in Pasadena/South Pasadena this Am and did quite well. Most of the Pasadena rides were short though, until I landed one to Santa Monica.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I got stuck out in Pasadena on a 1.5 surge ride from. LA. Nice fare but area looked so dead I decided to dead mile it back to LA taking the Glendale freeway. Got in echo park just in time to get a couple more surge rides.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts