Which city do you prefer?

• San Diego

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been driving for lyft and uber in San Diego for a few months now and it's just not cuttin it. I'm thinking about heading to San Fran for a week or week end to see if I'll make any more. What do you all think?

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
I did the same thing last year - moved from San Diego up to San Francisco. San Diego was already non-viable as a place to do Ubering full time back then. Great for picking up a little extra pocket money on the weekends, but that's it.

Anyway, San Francisco was good until this fall, when Uber and Lyft both went into super-overdrive with their driver hiring bonuses and promotions. Now the city is saturated beyond belief, at least as bad as San Diego. Way fewer rides than before with long wait times and most rides are short hop $5 minuimum fares (that's $3 to you, sir).

It's a 500 mile from SD to SF. Worth it maybe if you want a vacation and to see the sights etc but as a place to do Uber, its time has been and gone. I'm giving my two week notice on my Uber lease car tomorrrow. T minus 14 days and I'm done with this :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.