Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys
Who file and pay sales tax on trips here in Massachusetts? We the drivers or Uber?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No one. Not required in MA.
There's a lot of articles that talks about Massachusetts taxing Uber and lyft sales tax.
I also called uber support and she said yes I have to pay it my self as its included to the fare :/

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
There's a lot of articles that talks about Massachusetts taxing Uber and lyft sales tax.
I also called uber support and she said yes I have to pay it my self as its included to the fare :/
WTF????

There is no sales tax on the rideshare ride or taxi ride or livery service or any other mode of transportation in Massachusetts.

You do have to pay income tax on the income you receive from ridesharing. Is that what you meant to ask?

·
Premium Member
1,878 Posts
Baloney. Not sales tax. Provide links to the articles.

The state of MA started collecting 20 cents per ride. That was added to the service fee paid by the rider. That's probably where you are getting mixed up.

·
Registered
9,257 Posts
There is no sales tax on services in Mass. There is only a sales tax on tangible property (tv, car, toys, etc). So there would be no sales tax that would apply to rideshareing. Also no sales tax for landscaping, haircuts, etc. Those are all services not a tangible product. The 20 cent tax is to pay for the wonderful backround checks and regulate the industry (plus give money to the cities).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts