Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uber raised the SRF to $1.50. I'm just curious if we cancel a ride after the 5 minute wait time, do we still get $4 with the PAX now paying $5.50 or will we get $3.50 with that 50 cents coming out of our $4??

·
Registered
413 Posts
I posted this in the Uber History Edmonton thread. $1.50 SRF and 25% commis for new drivers is coming to Edmt too...

Here's some Uber math (DISCLAIMER - it ain't pretty!)

An average driver with 3 trips over 2 hours @ $15 ave fare:

Currently in Edmonton that driver would average $16.80/hour before gas and other expenses. If the driver is patient does not drive too many dead miles or drive >5 km to pickup he should have under 60 km meaning the driver is around $12-13/hr.
The driver would earn approx. 75% of his gross fares.

NEW Uber driver with same 3 trips over 2 hours ($45 gross fares) and new $1.50 SRF:
$1.50 per trip SRF and pays 25% commision would average $15.19 gross/hr b4 gas/expenses.
He is now earning only 67.5% of gross fares and Uber has quietly increased their cut to over 32%!. The new uber driver under this scenario has taken a 10% pay cut from what the same driver would have been making a month earlier.

Remember this is on top of the 10-15% rate cuts that were announced in May/June (temp summer but likely to continue)

Note - Edmt rates are currently $0.85/km and $0.25/min with $2.75 base

·
Registered
413 Posts
I bow my head in shame and have told no one of my affairs with Uber, cept my young brother who has too fallen under this bewitching curse. I bring you news on a scale unparrelled by any other demond, known or to be. Cock your ear listen closely it plays in the wind, the increase in the srf will bring uber $400,000.00 per month more by way of Hogtown but alone not counting the outlyers of Londawn Meadow, Hamillion Mews, Kitkaterloo Bog and many a more..... and all of it from from the throats of our children, I say you: Is there no justice?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts